Windows 10: Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ?

Discus and support Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My i ask if SCEP & Windows defender exclusion is case sensitive? for example if i exclude C:\teabox.exe or C:\TeaBox.exe have the same behavior?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ming jiqian, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ?

My i ask if SCEP & Windows defender exclusion is case sensitive?

for example if i exclude

C:\teabox.exe or C:\TeaBox.exe have the same behavior?

Thanks

Qian Ming Ji

:)

ming jiqian, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ?

Windows Defender Antivirus Scan exclusions

If there is anything in Windows Defender Exclusion list, then it won't be scan and if it is malicious program, it won't detect.

It is better to remove all programs from exclusion list (if you didn't add them) and run a full system scan with Windows Defender.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ?

1. Is SCEP & Windows Defender exclusions are case sensitive ? - Similar Threads - SCEP Defender exclusions

2. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.: After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution...
  3. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.: After convert an old disk from FAT to NTFS, all folders in this disk has set case sensitive attributes on.In this computer no problem accessing this files and folders, but from another computer this disk is shared on my home network can't access.I find on internet a solution...
  4. Issues with case sensitive attributes on folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Making the system disk case-sensitive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making the system disk case-sensitive: Windows 10 allows you to set NTFS to case-sensitive on a per-folder basis using setCaseSensitiveInfo (powershell command). Question is: Is it safe to do this for the whole system disk? The reasoning is that although I don't care whether OS files are case-sensitive or not,...
  6. windows defender exclusions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender exclusions: My excluded list does not show up..so i cannot remove an added exclusion.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-exclusions/86936ada-950c-4a94-8bc3-28269b62a257
  7. Windows Defender ignoring exclusions

Windows Defender ignoring exclusions: I have exclusions set up on several folders I don't want Windows Defender to scan. It seems that Windows Defender is ignoring that setting and is scanning and quarantining files in those folders anyway. Is there a reason this is happening and is there a way to fix it?...
  8. Windows Defender ignoring exclusions

Windows Defender ignoring exclusions: I have exclusions set up on several folders I don't want Windows Defender to scan. It seems that Windows Defender is ignoring that setting and is scanning and quarantining files in those folders anyway. Is there a reason this is happening and is there a way to fix it?...
  9. Odd exclusions in Windows Defender

Odd exclusions in Windows Defender: Hi all. I just ran a quick scan as I frequently do and discovered a bunch of exclusions that I did not add with the exception of the one for Malwarebytes. Did Windows do this itself? Can these be safely removed? Lastly since I mentioned it, is the Malwarebytes exclusion...
  10. Case sensitive DNS error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Case sensitive DNS error: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 v1803 last night, and in general all worked well. However I could not remote desktop into my work laptop. I work from home, and it is easier if I dial in to my machine from my main pc (3 screens, nice desk etc.). After about an hour of trying to...