Windows 10: Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal?

Discus and support Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dears, Recently I found a schedule job running on my Windows 10 version 1809 machines. It is trying to run powershell with the following... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leo Leung (leo.leung), Jun 20, 2019.

1. Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal?

Dears,

Recently I found a schedule job running on my Windows 10 version 1809 machines.

It is trying to run powershell with the following parameters. Is this normal?

-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -NonInteractive -NoProfile -WindowStyle Hidden

C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShellv1.0\Modules\SmbShare\DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 -Scenario Server

Thank you and Regards,

Leo

:)

Leo Leung (leo.leung), Jun 20, 2019

2. Detect scheduled job

You must click on the "Task Scheduler Library" line on the left to see the tasks. There are dozens of them!

Frederik Long, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Win10 Build 14393.187 / Task Scheduler Job Errors (instance already running) /w solution

After applying the Anniversary Update the existing task didn't start anymore.

Background:

The job (.bat file) does a second stage backup, that is a deletion of the backup target (external harddisk), copy the backup files from NAS with robocopy and send the robocopy logfile via sendmail to the admins.

With 1607 the problems started:

First, an error message occured, that an instance ob this job would be still running.

Second, the sendmail part didn't send the logfile. On disk the logfile showed, that robocopy has finished copying.

What I did:

• Created a new task with some and uncheked network checking
    • Task Scheduler: Task showed as finished with RC 2147483647 (or something close)
    • Task Manager: Couln'd find any signs of roboycopy.exe
    • Process Explorer: showed a robocopy.exe task still running, but no rights to kill
    • Process Monitor: showed that roboycopyexe is still accessing its logfile without any success
    Final solution:

Yesterday I had an idea: I replaced the .bat file that is executed via cmd.exe with a powershell script (.ps1). This night everything was running like in the past.

Big question: Where is the bug? In the Task Scheduler, in cmd.exe or in roboycopy.exe?

ThomasGessert, Jun 20, 2019
  4. INPORTER Win User

Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal?

Detect scheduled job

Task Scheduler doesn't seem to list any task running at 30' 25".

It also suggests that no tasks have run in the last 30 days which is dubious.

Am I looking in the right place? Any other suggestions?

Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal? 01c7eff6-b26d-447a-9353-d2a63ad0ca81.png

INPORTER, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal?

1. Is schedule job running DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 normal? - Similar Threads - schedule job running

2. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is not running jobs properly: I had set up multiple jobs in Task Scheduler which runs for every 15min time interval each and 4 jobs with difference of 2-3 min each one after one which took 15min- 2hr time to complete depending on jobbut it goes in running status for infinite times and could not end jobs...
  3. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is not running jobs properly: I had set up multiple jobs in Task Scheduler which runs for every 15min time interval each and 4 jobs with difference of 2-3 min each one after one which took 15min- 2hr time to complete depending on jobbut it goes in running status for infinite times and could not end jobs...
  4. Task scheduler is not running jobs properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems running a ps1 script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems running a ps1 script: I have been trying to run the script below but keep getting error messages shown in attached screenshots which I assume is to do with access. The script ran perfectly before I did a Window 11 reinstall recently. Any help in laymans terms on how to resolve would be greatly...
  6. Problems running a ps1 script

Problems running a ps1 script: I have been trying to run the script below but keep getting error messages shown in attached screenshots which I assume is to do with access. The script ran perfectly before I did a Window 11 reinstall recently. Any help in laymans terms on how to resolve would be greatly...
  7. Schedule a job x days after another one was run

Schedule a job x days after another one was run: Hello,I would like to schedule a job SAS enterprise guide program with Task Scheduler, 3 days after another one is run.The first one "Schedule - Reuse_V3_Part_1" is scheduled to run each 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.I would like to schedule a second one "Schedule -...
  8. Scheduled job not running at system startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled job not running at system startup: I use a proprietary backup system which uses the task scheduler to kick off its scheduled backups. One of these is set to be started at system startup time, but it does not get run. A time-scheduled backup ran OK, though. So it looks as if something is broken on system...
  9. Running scheduled jobs e.g hourly on Linux VM / WSL / Host Linux

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Running scheduled jobs e.g hourly on Linux VM / WSL / Host Linux: Hi folks for those who have NAS (Linux) type servers / Linux VM's or Host Linux systems it's dead easy to set up jobs that run say every hour or whatever - use for this would be scheduled backups etc etc. I've got a simple 1 line example here of running an email to myself...
  10. On how to run a .ps1 file as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    On how to run a .ps1 file as Administrator: Hello everyone, If you have had a chance of going through the great Brink's Tutorial Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 (I strongly advice you do), you may have noticed that, if you wish to automatize, at least to a certain extent, the procedure of getting rid of Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1

2. SmbShare\DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1

3. \disableunusedsmb1.ps1 task

4. nu vot,
  5. disabledunusedsmb1,
  6. how to disable task DisableUnusedSmb1.ps1 ,
  7. disableunusedsmb1 running via a scheduled,
  8. taskscheduler disableunusedsmb1.ps1,
  9. smbshare disableunusedsmb1.ps1,
  10. disableunusedsmb1,
  11. Win 10 Task Scheduler Job Fails When Using Run whether user is logged on or not Windows Task Sche,
  12. prevent disableunusedsmb1 from running