Windows 10: Is Security Experiencing Glitches?

Discus and support Is Security Experiencing Glitches? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The last two days Microsoft is prompting me for my password and pin while I am logged in. Yesterday I was prompted ten times. I reset my password and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DAWhetstone, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Is Security Experiencing Glitches?

The last two days Microsoft is prompting me for my password and pin while I am logged in. Yesterday I was prompted ten times. I reset my password and then it would not recognize new password which has me locked out now. It is acting as if it is glitching, it began after the last cumulative update, when I tried to log in this morning, entering the pin it said incorrect pin when it has been the same for years now. It then gave me a code to enter and each time I tried to enter the code the numbers would revert and type backwords. I thought it is keyboard battery and changed them, then scann

:)

DAWhetstone, Feb 21, 2022
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Feb 21, 2022
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 21, 2022
  4. Is Security Experiencing Glitches?

Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

Is Security Experiencing Glitches?

1. Is Security Experiencing Glitches? - Similar Threads - Security Experiencing Glitches

2. Local Security Authority is glitched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority is glitched: Hello,When I try to enable the Local Security Authority, it shows thisBut even if I restart my device it still shows the same message.What can I do to fix it?...
  3. Local Security Authority is glitched

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Authority is glitched: Hello,When I try to enable the Local Security Authority, it shows thisBut even if I restart my device it still shows the same message.What can I do to fix it?...
  4. Anyone experiencing issues with the Family security app on an iPhone?

Anyone experiencing issues with the Family security app on an iPhone?: Several weeks ago, I was having trouble with the Family Safety app on my phone. While my screen time limits still worked, my child's screen time was not showing accurately.After contacting support through chat, they said they were updating the app and it should be working...
  5. Windows Security notification not going/glitched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security notification not going/glitched: Hi, my Windows Security page shows this Local security authority feature as turned "OFF" while I have it turned on as in the picture. I've restarted a couple of times but to no avail. This notif. doesn't just seem to go. Is my PC safe??The device is an Acer Predator Gaming...
  6. Windows Security notification not going/glitched

Windows Security notification not going/glitched: Hi, my Windows Security page shows this Local security authority feature as turned "OFF" while I have it turned on as in the picture. I've restarted a couple of times but to no avail. This notif. doesn't just seem to go. Is my PC safe??The device is an Acer Predator Gaming...
  7. Is Security Experiencing Glitches?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is Security Experiencing Glitches?: The last two days Microsoft is prompting me for my password and pin while I am logged in. Yesterday I was prompted ten times. I reset my password and then it would not recognize new password which has me locked out now. It is acting as if it is glitching, it began after the...
  8. Sign in Security glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in Security glitch: Hello so a kid went on my pc while it was locked and kept guessing my pin, then he made it so everytime i sign in it says i have to write "a1b2c3" and its been days and it hasnt gone away its so annoying starting my pc to that and then having to write my pin is there any...
  9. Security Glitch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Glitch: What does the file software_reporter_tool.exe do for me?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-glitch/6c4fe1a1-47ce-45b2-ad09-5524e1770a43"
  10. Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Security Updates in advance of Creator glitch: I sent the following to :https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ " I cannot complete the mandatory security settings update required for the Creator update. That is because I am visually impaired and operate my computer monitor in portrait setting and Windows 10...