Windows 10: Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab

Discus and support Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; tell one thing when I purchased my Dell laptop from dell store, then selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr.Shivam Mishra, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab

tell one thing when I purchased my Dell laptop from dell store, then selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab?

:)

Mr.Shivam Mishra, Jun 27, 2020
  2. DevCas1 Win User

System Configuration defaults to Selective startup

When selecting a different startup option, the Apply button remains greyed out...

Have done all other steps, just fired up System Configuration, and see it is yet again at Selective startup

DevCas1, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Add set default tab on program load option.

I most of the time use gpuz in a secondary monitor to read my gpu sensors but everytime the program loads on windows startup i have to manually change the tab which is annoying. If there only was an option to specify which tab to select by default would be awesome.

Silenthghost14, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab

System Configuration Settings

When my PC (Dell XPS 2720) is in normal mode I have noticed that the settings in Systems Configuration are not as I would expect.

Under General Tab the Startup selection is set at Selective Startup boxes ticked for load system services and load startup items.

Under the Boot Tab nothing is ticked.

If I change the Startup selection under the General Tab under the Boot tab the boot options change to Safe boot with network. THe General Tab setting have also changed back to Selective startup but now with all boxes ticked but the use original boot configuration
    is ticked but greyed out.

If I restart the my PC goes into Safe Mode.

It seems that if I select Normal Mode under the general tab my alters settings under Boot tab and I go into safe mode.

Any ideas why I can't set my PC to Normal Mode under System Configuration?

RechargeSC, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab

1. Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab - Similar Threads - selective startup set

2. set selective startup to normal startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    set selective startup to normal startup: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amw9ge5K2qfAc4ecpewnu1YUwU0?e=PpCP9eon selecting normal startupafter restart it back switch into selective startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-selective-startup-to-normal-startup/4462d18e-c5e1-4939-86d4-7f38755e6759
  3. WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 default profile Sysprep generalized default app settings change: After optimizing Windows 10, a default profile was created through generalization.After optimization, all default appx packages have been removed. Is there a way to restore the generalization to the default profile without recreating it?...
  4. Windows 10 System Configuration Utility app always coming up with "Startup selection" set...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System Configuration Utility app always coming up with "Startup selection" set...: Moderator: If this should've been directed to another topic, please do so. I felt like trying to select from a voice mail menu, when none of the options seems to fit. I just upgrated from Win 7 to Win 10, using thumbdrive upgrade media created using a Microsoft website....
  5. 1909+ Fast Startup Setting Gone But Why Would MS Enable It by Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    1909+ Fast Startup Setting Gone But Why Would MS Enable It by Default?: I dual boot and Fast Startup causes many problems when trying to get from one system to another. In a fresh1909 installation (not upgraded from earlier W10 versions) there is no Fast Startup or Hibernation settings in Power. One can check using Win Key + R and type in...
  6. Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Program Settings Not Setting/Selecting: I have read a lot of posted articles using Google search, but none of them are quite the problem I am experiencing. My hardware is an ASUS Transformer T100TAM. It came with Win 10, but husband installed our registered Win7 in order to get the free Win10 upgrade. When I...
  7. Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?: Is there some way to change the default settings for MS Word in Win10? Specifically, I would the following to be default: Line spacing: 1.00 Add 10 pt space after paragraph (FALSE) Word wrap: Wrap to window 77105
  8. Setting default app with "Select File"

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default app with "Select File": Back when I ran Windows 7 and before i was made to update to Windows 10 because I built a Ryzen system, I could set a default app by clicking a button that would open the file explorer and letting me select the executable. I am not seeing that in Windows 10, how do I select...
  9. MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup: I can't get my PC to do a normal start up. When I select normal start up in MSCONFIG and hit apply and boot it reverts to Selective start up. However everything appears to be working normally. I'm not sure if it is or if it is actually doing a Selective start up. Any ideas?...
  10. Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?: Hi All, My Windows 10 home-64b works flawlessly, but I've realized that the system configuration stubbornly continues to initiate under "Selective Startup" instead of "Normal Startup" which makes me wonder which "services" cannot be loaded. I've tried to change it but it...