Windows 10: Is ShutUp10 safe?

Discus and support Is ShutUp10 safe? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is ShutUp10 completely safe and virus-free or is it itself a spyware, keylogger or trojan? Ist ShutUp10 sicher? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bb4cm, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Bb4cm Win User

Is ShutUp10 safe?

Is ShutUp10 completely safe and virus-free or is it itself a spyware, keylogger or trojan?

:)

Bb4cm, Jul 10, 2020
  2. SIW2 Win User

O&O ShutUp10 & Malwarebytes Premium Updates

Could be what tomcat suggested

Otherwise, you could just try each setting at a time to find out.

SIW2, Aug 4, 2020
  3. SIW2 Win User
  4. RickC Win User

Is ShutUp10 safe?

O&O Shutup10 - privacy freeware

I don't think ShutUp10 is the cause of your 'download completed' chime issue. There's just no setting in ShutUp10 that affects sounds (as they don't pertain to data leakage).

The file you've quoted from (i.e. "Initial State=S001 -|S002 -|S003 -|S004 -|S005 -|S008 -|S009 -|S0............... ") is the OOSU10.INI file used to save the status of settings.

To get ShutUp10 settings back to "initial state" you can use ShutUp10's Actions > Undo all changes ("factory settings") option.

If this doesn't work then you can make changes using a .CFG file (not the .INI file), by doing the following:

1. Right-click on ShutUp10 and choose Run as administrator.
    2. Use File > Export settings... to create a ShutUp10 .CFG file.

If you open the .CFG file in Notepad you will see that each of the settings (shown as a) ends with either a - or + sign (shown as b and c) to indicate the toggle state :

Is ShutUp10 safe? [​IMG]

A - sign means that the setting is at its default state whilst a + sign shows that the setting has been changed.

3. Make a copy of this .CFG file, name it something like shutup10default.cfg and, for ease of use, save it in the same folder as ShutUp10.
    4. Open the new .CFG file in Notepad then, in the Edit menu (d), choose Replace... .
    5. In the Replace dialog, enter + in the top text box, - in the bottom text box then click on the Replace All button (e).
    6. Save the change.
    7. Use File > Import settings... to import the newly-changed ShutUp10 .CFG file.

The change is dynamic and you should now be back at the initial state you wanted. You can close ShutUp10 now... but be aware that some changes do not take effect until the system is restarted. Don't be surprised if you see the following:

Is ShutUp10 safe? [​IMG]

Hope this helps...

RickC, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Is ShutUp10 safe?

1. Is ShutUp10 safe? - Similar Threads - ShutUp10 safe

2. O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1421 safe and clean to install?: Hello, Windows 10 Home 21H1 B19043.1055 O&O ShutUp10 1.8.142 Sha256: bcdc6b364da6986d50dd025aacc3c0c76ada16657b829406cee67b4e6f16b89a I scan @VT OOSU10.exe and there is a lot of detection and rule set that does not look good for me is the OOSU10.exe or the portable safe and...
  3. Adjusting privacy and security settings - O&O ShutUp10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adjusting privacy and security settings - O&O ShutUp10: I'm a user of both Windows and Linux (in recent years mostly the latter). I have recently upgraded a couple of my systems from the now EOL Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. I like to think I am conscientious about privacy and security without being obsessive or paranoid. I get the...
  4. O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    O&O ShutUp10 being overridden by Windows constantly: I would do ANYTHING at this point to disable Automatic Windows Updates. I have no idea how to do so, and clearly this program is not the answer. I have turned off the option for a Windows Update frequently within O&O Shutup10, but a few days pass and I get the unavoidable...
  5. Used o&o ShutUp10 and now spotify says offline

Used o&o ShutUp10 and now spotify says offline: So I used O&O ShutUp10 as I care about privacy a little, and windows can’t even phone home to the server that changes the Ethernet icon to show internet connectivity. The issue is Spotify seems to use that like marker as a way to tell if it can connect to the internet, and...
  6. Turning on Windows Defender after using O&O ShutUp10

Turning on Windows Defender after using O&O ShutUp10: Hello, I used to use Avast as my antivirus, but got tired of it so I wanted to go back to using Windows Defender. I had disabled Defender using O&O ShutUp10 to avoid conflicts between the two. Alongside an antivirus software I use Malwarebytes. I uninstalled Avast using its...
  7. Shutup10 not able to stop Windows 10 from auto-updating?

Shutup10 not able to stop Windows 10 from auto-updating?: I have windows 10 auto-update disabled through shutup10 but it doesn't have any effect at all. Every time I reboot, the setting keeps getting reverted and windows 10 still downloads the updates and it gives me the a restart is required for X program to take effect...
  8. Windows privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 is ready for Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Windows privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 is ready for Windows 10 version 2004: O&O ShutUp10 is a long-standing privacy tool for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system. The initial version of the program was released in 2015, our first review dates back to 2017 and we have updated it in late 2019. The program has received frequent updates to ensure...
  9. O&O Shutup10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    O&O Shutup10: Hello all. Has anyone used O&O Shutup10 for Win 10 security enhancement? (1909) Thanks. 149061
  10. O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features

in Windows 10 News
    O&O ShutUp10 updated with new privacy features: O&O, the developers behind the privacy tool O&O ShutUp10 for Windows 10, released a new version of the program yesterday. O&O ShutUp10 1.7 introduces the new Activity History and Clipboard group to the program to provide its users with activity and clipboard privacy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is shut up 10 safe

2. o&o shutup10 safe

3. oosu10.cfg

4. is o&o shutup10 safe