Windows 10: Is SoftwareDistribution safe to delete

Discus and support Is SoftwareDistribution safe to delete in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello i don't know if SoftwareDistribution is safe to delete because it takes 6 gigabytes of space and my pc has only 2 gigabytes left of free space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jokeTV, May 15, 2019.

1. jokeTV Win User

Is SoftwareDistribution safe to delete

Hello i don't know if SoftwareDistribution is safe to delete because it takes 6 gigabytes of space and my pc has only 2 gigabytes left of free space should i delete it or no!!!

:)

jokeTV, May 15, 2019
  2. Samael Win User

Safe to delete SoftwareDistribution folder(s)? And how?

Is this the image you were asking for?

Is SoftwareDistribution safe to delete [​IMG]

Samael, May 15, 2019
  3. Samael Win User

I posted the results in the same reply Is SoftwareDistribution safe to delete :)

Samael, May 15, 2019
  4. Samael Win User

I found the 1709 ISO and is currently downloading. Ive attached a zip with the setuprr.log, setupact.log and a log from Hard Disk Sentinel.
    Chkd gave the following message: Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required.
    Hard Disk Sentienl picture:

Samael, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Is SoftwareDistribution safe to delete - Similar Threads - SoftwareDistribution safe delete

2. Deleting SoftwareDistribution Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting SoftwareDistribution Folder: Dear Support,I accidentally deleted the SoftwareDistribution folder instead of the downloads forler inside of there while clearing caches.I did press skip on everything that popped up.I just wanna make sure if all it okay by asking this here.Or is it better to delete the...
  3. Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution

Is it safe to delete files in c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution: Hi, Need some technical help and advise, is it safe to delete files both in "c:\programdata\package cache and c:\windows\softwaredistribution"? Will it post any technical problem after deletion? Example Windows OS corrupted?...
  4. Delete SoftwareDistribution folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete SoftwareDistribution folder: If I delete the SoftwareDistribution folder can I still uninstall updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-softwaredistribution-folder/990eb5dc-1966-4e82-9bb3-ee8da3a39e54
  5. C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download deleting

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download deleting: the folder is 20 gb i deleted it with razer cortex is it safe to delete its 20 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowssoftwaredistributiondownload-deleting/7121844b-82bb-4a53-ad52-3a93fcfc9ffb
  6. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  7. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  8. Safe to delete SoftwareDistribution folder(s)? And how?

Safe to delete SoftwareDistribution folder(s)? And how?: Hello. Ive had a lot of problems installing the 1803 and 1809 updates, when they try to update they always gets reverted back to previous versions of windows. I think this, coupling with the fact that ive tried to do a lot of fixes to make windows update work, have made my...
  9. Safe to delete SoftwareDistribution folder(s)? And how?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete SoftwareDistribution folder(s)? And how?: Hello. Ive had a lot of problems installing the 1803 and 1809 updates, when they try to update they always gets reverted back to previous versions of windows. I think this, coupling with the fact that ive tried to do a lot of fixes to make windows update work, have made my...
  10. SoftwareDistribution Folder

SoftwareDistribution Folder: ]I just found where all my updates were located. However there are lots of folders and files. Can I safely delete them as they take up lots of space? The figure below shows how much is in the folder. Thanks for any help. [img] 15686

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OK to delete software paths?

2. cannot change catroot2 to catroot2.bak