Windows 10: Is Solitaire truly random

Discus and support Is Solitaire truly random in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been playing Solitaire at Grandmaster level for FIVE days, and many, many hours a day, and it has become apparent to me that this game is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mabari99, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Mabari99 Win User

Is Solitaire truly random

I have been playing Solitaire at Grandmaster level for FIVE days, and many, many hours a day, and it has become apparent to me that this game is not truly random. There is NO way statistically that I have not won this game in this amount of time. I have therefore reached the conclusion that this level of the game has been weighted, probably with code that blocks as the game progresses. Eventually I will win, but I believe this is because some flag has been unlocked (based on some internal logic) as obviously there is no way that I can NEVER win.

This lack of randomness truly destroys the enjoyment of the game for me, and I resent it.

Probably, I will take these games off my machine and try to find some others.

:)

Mabari99, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Truly random screen savers

I use the Firehand Ember screen saver (company no longer exists sadly as it still my favourite photo viewer so I can't ask them) and it draw images from my database of photos - thousands of them! It means that we occasionally get treated to slide shows of photos we haven't looked at for years.

The problem however is that the selection is not truly random. It seems to have a preference for certain photos or groups of photos, so the random function is not truly random.

Is there a better screen saver or alternatively a way of ensuring it is random.

Sigurd, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Microsoft Solitaire is not working

Hi,

I need more information about your concern. Is there any error message/code after Microsoft Solitaire fails to launch? Since the steps you have tried did not work, I suggest that you reinstall it instead. Follow the steps below:

• Open Windows PowerShell as an administrator. (Type PowerShell in Start menu search box, right-click and select Run as administrator)
    • Type the following command and press Enter "Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    • You can close the PowerShell window and restart your device.
    • Open Store app and search for Microsoft Solitaire Collection and download the game.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Microsoft Solitaire events crashed

Thank you for the information. It turns out that the twinapi.appcore.dll files are corrupted, that's why you're getting the said error message. We suggest that you uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection on your computer, and then perform
    the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.
    • Open Windows Store and install Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Once done, kindly check if the game works for you.

We'll keep an eye on your update.

Ariel Acu, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Is Solitaire truly random - Similar Threads - Solitaire truly random

2. AccountUnknown truly belongs to Microsoft win11pro ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AccountUnknown truly belongs to Microsoft win11pro ?: AccountUnknown truly belongs to Microsoft win11pro ? See the photo at c:\ properities \ secure \ ... , if in ISP email account created, it can be removed while if in email @ hotmail.com / outlook.com that won't be firmly removeable? IF so , how define an ACCOUNT.unknown?...
  3. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Stuck on Random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection Stuck on Random: Why is my Microsoft Solitaire Collection stuck on Random game difficulty? None of the answers from 2019 help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-collection-stuck-on-random/a95b44a1-970b-4341-9862-38df67e5faba
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection Stuck on Random

Microsoft Solitaire Collection Stuck on Random: Why is my Microsoft Solitaire Collection stuck on Random game difficulty? None of the answers from 2019 help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-solitaire-collection-stuck-on-random/a95b44a1-970b-4341-9862-38df67e5faba
  5. Truly Transparent GIFs?

Truly Transparent GIFs?: Hi, I'm a streamer who would like to create a gif of a 3D model in Paint 3D which will rotate in the top corner of the screen. I have been able to make the gif but it comes with the horrible grey background. I'd like the background to be completely removable like when...
  6. I truly hate windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I truly hate windows 10: Windows 10 has ruined my computing experience. Why do I have to uninstall all the **** bundled with the OS just to get it to run a bit better. Touted as the fastest Windows ever??? Not my experience. No match for my love with windows 7. I am now trying all the Distros for one...
  7. Truly random screen savers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Truly random screen savers: I use the Firehand Ember screen saver (company no longer exists sadly as it still my favourite photo viewer so I can't ask them) and it draw images from my database of photos - thousands of them! It means that we occasionally get treated to slide shows of photos we haven't...
  8. Truly random screen savers

in Windows 10 Support
    Truly random screen savers: I use the Firehand Ember screen saver (company no longer exists sadly as it still my favourite photo viewer so I can't ask them) and it draw images from my database of photos - thousands of them! It means that we occasionally get treated to slide shows of photos we haven't...
  9. Truly virtual

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Truly virtual: Since there is nothing to virtualize right now, this is a truly virtual topic. Anyone care to theorize on how easy it will be to virtualize 9? *Smile 1801
  10. I'm truly amazed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm truly amazed: I had a SSD drive running Win 10 on a AMD CPU and decided to move it to a Intel laptop. I installed it, got everything ready for a clean install and powered up the laptop. NOT what I expected. The darn thing booted up, changed some device drivers and I was good to go. I know...