Windows 10: Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure

Discus and support Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I see numerous threads asking this same question going back several years. I couldn't read all of them, but none that I read had answers. I often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jaygourley, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure

I see numerous threads asking this same question going back several years. I couldn't read all of them, but none that I read had answers.

I often see devices in File Explorer > Network > Network Infrastructure other than my own. They usually disappear within a few minutes. So I haven't had time to probe them. From my router management console, I see connections by unidentified devices that are inactive. Because of the brief time the devices are in Network Infrastructure, I haven't been able to compare them to the unidentified devices on the router.

Can someone please explain what's going on? From the many unanswered posts on this forum, I assume others also want to know.

:)

jaygourley, Jan 12, 2021

2. Wifi network on range extender not working

hi. I bought a TP Link range extender and it works fine with my apple products and my Samsung tablet but not my computer. Basiaclly it wont connect although its fine with just the hime router. Suggestions anyone? Thank you

greengirl1888, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender Network not available on my PCs

Hi AmarnathWanchoo,

are the PCs and the Range extender positioned on the same level as the house or on different floors?
    The SSID of the wi-fi router and that of the Range extender is the same?
    The 2 different SSID networks should be assigned.
    Try moving the Range extender to another position. If you connect your PCs directly to the router's Wi-Fi network, will the problem be solved?

franco d'esaro, Jan 12, 2021
  4. JyotGill Win User

Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure

Access point allocates in address or only the router does?

I am extending the range of my wifi network by using an access point.

I want to know that the devices that will be connected to the access point with get their in from the router or the access point?

And if it's the access point, then what ip address and range of ip address should I allocate to the access point?

JyotGill, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure

1. Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure - Similar Threads - someone spying Unknown

2. RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT: NEED HELP TO CONNECT WIFI TO RANGE EXTENDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender-connect/c60932bd-359e-4c9e-8fe9-121b2b586916
  3. Range Extender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Range Extender: How do I connect a tp-link wifi range extender to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender/ecdd9823-8486-4b89-9795-c2f9d50287ff
  4. wireless range extender

wireless range extender: was trying to put in a wi fi 4 extender. put in the wrong password. now i cannot connect. how do i completely get rid of it and start over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-range-extender/757037cb-f493-4175-8177-7c12b8c1d06a
  5. privacy - Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    privacy - Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?: Whenever I connect to wifi, I hear some static or white noise in the background that persists at random times, turning off and on. I hear it on my headphones. When I disconnect from wifi, the sound desists completely. Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?...
  6. Can someone help me with an app that is unknown to me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone help me with an app that is unknown to me: [IMG]so I have some Unknown app with access to my Google Drive installed. It’s supposed to be from a developer and I shouldn’t even be able to get into G sweet but I stumbled on it I don’t have a school account and I don’t have my work account so if somebody could just take a...
  7. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender Network not available on my PCs

Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender Network not available on my PCs: I just set up the Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender to boost the signal strength of my Router for the four each Windows 10 PCs and Smartphones being used at my home with WiFi. The boosted signal gets invariably picked up by all mobile phones and by the Amazon Fire TV Stick. But my...
  8. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender

Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender: I just set up the Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender to boost the signal strength of my Router for the four WiFi Windows 10 PCs being used at my home. The boosted signal gets invariably picked up by my mobile phone and by my Amazon Fire TV Stick. But my PCs sometimes pick up the...
  9. Is someone spying on me?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is someone spying on me?: So I was looking to add a printer the other day and I noticed something odd in the possible devices list. One of the devices on my network is called "USB Camera," described as "POS Barcode Scanner." So, what's the deal with this? Is someone using a wireless camera on my...
  10. Extending two wi-fi Networks simultaneously with one Range Extender

Extending two wi-fi Networks simultaneously with one Range Extender: I have two network connections at home. I have extended one using TP-LINK Extender. But I want to extend both simultaneously using only one extender. I just want to know if such an extender is being marketed. Best and regards, Amarnath Wanchoo 56415