Windows 10: Is someone spying on me?

Discus and support Is someone spying on me? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I was looking to add a printer the other day and I noticed something odd in the possible devices list. One of the devices on my network is called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimmyjkjr, Sep 13, 2016.

1. jimmyjkjr Win User

Is someone spying on me?

So I was looking to add a printer the other day and I noticed something odd in the possible devices list. One of the devices on my network is called "USB Camera," described as "POS Barcode Scanner." So, what's the deal with this? Is someone using a wireless camera on my network, or is this tied to a digital camera? I would like to know.

If it is a wireless camera, how would I go about viewing its feed once I have added it to my devices?

:)

jimmyjkjr, Sep 13, 2016

2. is windows 10 still spying?

i want to upgrade to windows 10, it looks great but with hearing all about this spying issue, is it true?, because if it is then i am going to wait until microsoft charge for it inwhich my guesses it will won't be spying by then, but if it's a rumour that
    windows 10 is spying, then let me be reassured by someone thanks

James Brittle, Sep 13, 2016
  3. BillG5552 Win User
    Windows 10 photo app auto album

I did not know that. It was a little unnerving at first, like someone was spying on me. Thanks for the information.

BillG5552, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

Is someone spying on me?

1. Is someone spying on me? - Similar Threads - someone spying

2. Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could...: Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could you give me a link to that please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-there-was-a-story-on-ai-and-hiring/1df04cd4-dfe3-47c6-b6cd-036baa8a6c5c
  3. Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could...: Yesterday there was a story on AI and hiring someone who would be chief AI officer, could you give me a link to that please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-there-was-a-story-on-ai-and-hiring/1df04cd4-dfe3-47c6-b6cd-036baa8a6c5c
  4. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  5. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone: my computer says 'your window license will expire soon' how do i renew it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-my-windows-license-will-expire/ff7dc724-033e-4d24-b0e2-4257463e348b
  6. my computer says my windows license will expire, please help me someone

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is someone spying on me? Unknown access points and range extenders in Network Infastructure: I see numerous threads asking this same question going back several years. I couldn't read all of them, but none that I read had answers. I often see devices in File Explorer > Network > Network Infrastructure other than my own. They usually disappear within a few...
  8. I THINK MY LAPTOP IS SPY BY SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I THINK MY LAPTOP IS SPY BY SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME: Hey guys,i have a really serious problem about my laptop.This happen yesterday, when i was playing games and i heard someone is speaking through my laptopsounds like a someone whos laughing and it last only few sec ..Im sure that i dont open any tab in google chrome.This...
  9. My laptop and phone is showing I'm in the Netherlands right now. Is someone spying me or...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop and phone is showing I'm in the Netherlands right now. Is someone spying me or...: I just want to ask also why my laptop is showing I'm in the Netherlands right now. I have a VPN but it's using a different country, not Netherlands. Is somebody spying me from Netherlands?...
  10. static noise in background only when wifi connected; someone spying?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    static noise in background only when wifi connected; someone spying?: Whenever I connect to wifi, I hear some static or white noise in the background that persists at random times, turning off and on. I hear it on my headphones. When I disconnect from wifi, the sound desists completely. Some hours when I connect to wifi, that sound doesn't...