Windows 10: Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

Discus and support Is someone taking screen shots of my computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you do need to change your password then use Last pass password generator which is free. Generate the password then copy in into the box thus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by purplelover, Apr 8, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

If you do need to change your password then use Last pass password generator which is free. Generate the password then copy in into the box thus avoiding keystrokes being recorded.

swarfega, Apr 12, 2017

2. I was sure I had posted before heading to bed last night but can't find it. I taped the camera, and disabled the camera. Still taking flashing shots. I can't get a screenshot as it comes randomly and flashes to quickly to take one. Attachment 129822 crude , but this is what it looks like.It is transparent . It flashed as I was attaching this file. More square looking.

Is there anyplace on the computer that lists screenshots taken and where they originated from, so we could trace the skum that is doing this to me??? Why me? I am harmless and have no secrets.

I called my credit card company and told them what was happening and that it flashed on a website when I was making a purchase. I was told I could cancel the credit card or keep the credit card and keep an eye on it. I elected to keep it and keep an eye on it He said if any charges were made I would not be responsible for them as I had fraud protection. He also said he had the same exact problem. I asked how he fixed it. He told me he got a new computer.....Yikes my computer is less than 3 months old. Can't afford that.

I have no "tech buddy" to help me. Can I do a systems restart and get rid of this whole mess???

Thanks everyone for getting together and helping me. Don't give up on me yet...

purplelover, Apr 12, 2017
  3. COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

Malwarebytes should be run using the Custom Scan option, checking the box to include rootkits, and selecting all drives ever attached to the system at any time.
    I clicked 100 boxes....
    Is someone taking screen shots of my  computer? [​IMG]

Did that

I see you have Avast on it. I'm fairly confident that Avast would prevent a RAT from installing, unless you were duped into installing it by a malicious site. I had to download it and ran it showed nothing wrong

Ran ESET
    Malwarebytes and ESET will take quite some time to run; ADWCleaner is quick, and you might run that first. If it finds anything, you should post the logs here for review. They will be found in the root of your C drive.

Eset found 2 threats

Is someone taking screen shots of my  computer? [​IMG]

The address of any site that you visit which exhibits this strange behaviour should be scanned at virustotal.com, and blocked if found to be necessary.

Reset Chrome to remove all extensions. Chrome is not a very safe browser, and I don't use it except when necessary. Done

I ran Ccleaner

Northing is coming up......

purplelover, Apr 13, 2017
  5. Does the "let camera use apps" privacy setting have anything to do with this?

lopedoggie, Apr 13, 2017
  6. What do you mean by ""Nothing is coming up"" ?

Are you saying the problem is gone now ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 13, 2017
  7. i mean all the scans are finding nothing wrong, except the 2 I posted. I have a 5 year warranty thru Costco..... I can return it for 90 days... should I call Costco???

Are there any other options ????

purplelover, Apr 13, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

If you do, if that's the advice also given by others here, you need to clear it before you return it. By that, I mean erase everything on it, securely. I'm not suggesting that is the cure, just a warning/caution about returns of PCs. Don't leave any personal information on it.

f14tomcat, Apr 13, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    The two toolbars are nothing to worry about.
    Did you run ADWCleaner and may I see those logs please?
    example:
    in the C:\AdwCleaner\ folder, you'll find
    AdwCleaner[S1].txt and AdwCleaner[C1].txt

If you run it more than once, the numbers will change: [S2] and [C2].

Before returning it, I would consider this: If your data is all backed up to a safe place, you can do a complete recovery to the system, to return it to the way it was when you first bought it. (You'd want to do this anyway, before you return it.)

simrick, Apr 13, 2017
  10. Have not been able to get into the Forum the last few days. My password would not work . FINALLY got it changed.
    Someone wanted to see the ADware cleaner report. here it is.
    AdwCleaner[S1].txt lets see if it works

purplelover, Apr 17, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    @purplelover

Eileen, I peeked at your ADWcleaner logs.

AOL is installing Viewpoint , along with AIM Instant Messenger on your machine, as part of it's "package". According to this article, even if you delete it, AOL will put it right back if it's missing as soon as you log onto AOL the next time. You might want to seriously consider getting rid of AOL and using something different. There looks like a way to avoid the re-installation if you delete Viewpoint, etc. , but AOL anything is simply not needed. This is what I found on the Viewpoint and the results of your ADWcleaner.

AOL's Forced Installation of Viewpoint Spyware CAN Be Prevented - Thoughts, Rants & Raves, and Useful Info

f14tomcat, Apr 17, 2017
  12. do you think Viewpoint is taking the screen shots on my computer??? If I deleted it would the screen shots go away?????

I need a browser and mail program. Aol is easy to use but I would be willing to switch. I have chrome.

purplelover, Apr 17, 2017
  13. Arese Win User

People are going all the way trying to help you out doing research and all the least you could do is actually read their answers. The answer to your question is literally in his previous message *Rolleyes

Arese, Apr 17, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. Do you sign into your laptop with a Microsoft account? If so, you may want to consider using the Mail app in Windows 10 that gets it from Outlook.com. You may also view your mail online at Outlook.com in a browser on any device at any time.

Hope that helps.

Tony K, Apr 17, 2017
  15. simrick Win User
    Hi. Agree with Tomcat.
    Also, the ADWCleaner log you attached is a "scan" log [S1] - just checking to make sure you also ran the "clean" mode, and got rid of that stuff. SearchScopes is a problem as well. (log has [C1] in it.)
    AOL really has to go. *Wink

simrick, Apr 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Is someone taking screen shots of my computer? - Similar Threads - someone taking screen

2. screen shots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  3. screen shots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  4. How do I take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I take a screen shot?: I have Windows 10 and need to make a screen shot. When I hit PrtScr, nothing happens. When I hit Fn+Windows key+space bar, nothing happens. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-a-screen-shot/e5beb4ff-b765-428c-9c72-7eb5d22ba01c
  5. How do I take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I take a screen shot?: How do I take a screen shot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-a-screen-shot/4bb79bd6-c1b6-4384-ad73-5ca5d6909561
  6. Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking Screen Shots

Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking Screen Shots: Looks like this was asking in Jan 2018 but no solution posted- Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking screenshots. I have a brand new Lenovo Ideapad s340 (owned for <6mo). Tonight I took a screenshot via a command in a virtual lab I am working in; this function has worked fine...
  7. Taking a screen shot in information in Setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taking a screen shot in information in Setting: I'm trying to take a screen shot in Settings-About. I'm not doing something right. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-a-screen-shot-in-information-in-setting/502d120c-15aa-407c-b056-dbee373e17b0
  8. How do you take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you take a screen shot?: Hello, How do I screen shot and then add it to a document as an attachment? I haven't done it for years and for the life of me I can't remember how to! Thank you in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated....
  9. Screen shot takes too long to open

Screen shot takes too long to open: I had contacted your support through chat,and the agent Wasim,was trying to figure out the problems,when he put my laptop on re-start mode,and we lost each other mid way.Neither was any attempt made from him to either call or email me.Now, this is a new laptop,and am very...
  10. Help with Taking a Screen Shot

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with Taking a Screen Shot: I've been trying for months now to take a screen shot on my laptop (Toshiba), but cannot figure out how to do it. I want to take the screenshot and then add it to my pictures. How do I do this. My old laptop was easy; just click on the screenshot button, bring up the app to...