Windows 10: Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

Discus and support Is someone taking screen shots of my computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Agree with Tomcat. Also, the ADWCleaner log you attached is a "scan" log [S1] - just checking to make sure you also ran the "clean" mode, and got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by purplelover, Apr 8, 2017.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

*Ditto*Ditto

Please make sure you actually ran the clean. You'll know, because it will tell you to restart. Then you'll get all the logs saying what it deleted.

Please get rid of AOL, pretty please? *Smile

f14tomcat, Apr 17, 2017
  2. Tony K Win User

*Ditto AOHell! *sarc

Tony K, Apr 17, 2017
  3. simrick Win User
    You realize you can keep your AOL email address, just don't use their browser - use another email client, like MailBird or ThunderBird. Or, you can even sign in to your AOL account on a normal browser like FireFox, Chrome, Edge, etc.

simrick, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

What he said. I use an aol mail address too. Not as a primary one but sort of a semi-primary one. No problems with it at all ...... except for all the ads lol. Actually, now that I think about it a little I guess it IS my primary e-mail these days......... sheesh *Doh

indianacarnie, Apr 17, 2017
  5. Okay everyone let me start with f14tomcat. I am sorry I did not get it that that you were saying was answering my question. I went to the ink you posted and tried this "Open AOL and go to "help" on the toolbar. Select "About AOL". Next is the SECRET STEP. You must then press "CTRL+D" to access a "secret" panel to disable all of the desktop and IM fancy features that are associated with viewpoint. This is the only way to prevent AOL from re-installing Viewpoint at AOL startup." It worked!!! I also saw the post below it saying it was not spyware..I tried what she said and it flicked just like mine does. So does this mean my computer is NOT infected after all??

I did not delete anything last night as I was afraid I would lose all my favorites, taskbar sites... everything . I will rerun it immediately. If all my stuff will be safe on Aol. Someone just tell me its o.k. please.

Also can I transfer all my favorites to outlook? Or wherever I end up for mail?

HippsieGypsie

" Do you sign into your laptop with a Microsoft account? If so, you may want to consider using the Mail app in Windows 10 that gets it from Outlook.com. You may also view your mail online at Outlook.com in a browser on any device at any time."

I don't use a Microsoft password every-time I sign in like my husband does if that is what you mean. When I first got this computer all it wanted to do was have me open a Microsoft Account. I just wanted to get onto Aol.

So I will run ADWCleaner again. Should I send the report???

Derickmo, lopedoggie, NavyLCDR,clam1952, Winuser, VGCHAT, SWARFEGA, indianacarnie, simrick, HippsieGypsie, Arese, f14tomcat, and anyone and everyone who didn't give up on me, COMPUTIAC, and helped me...

All you guys ROCK!!!!! Thanks so much!!!*chuckle*chuckle*chuckle

Since I have been on here writing this book I have had NO screenshots at all! WooHoo!

purplelover, Apr 18, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Based on your first SCAN log, I would run ADWCleaner once more, click SCAN, and then uncheck everything except the following 2 keys:

Code: Key Found: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{443789B7-F39C-4b5c-9287-DA72D38F4FE6} Key Found: [x64] HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{443789B7-F39C-4b5c-9287-DA72D38F4FE6}[/quote] Leave these 2 keys checked for removal but nothing else. Then click CLEAN. The system will want to reboot to finish the cleaning process.
    Then you can post the 2 logs here: in the C:\AdwCleaner\ folder, you'll find AdwCleaner[S2].txt and AdwCleaner[C2].txt

Glad you got the Viewpoint thing figured out. *Smile Kudos to Tomcat!

simrick, Apr 18, 2017
  7. Wynona Win User
    I've kept my paws off the keyboard, since you've had more help than the law allows. *Smile I'm only replying so I can keep up with what's happening because it's a learning experience for me.

BTW, purple is one of my favorite colors too.

Wynona, Apr 18, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

@purplelover

Eileen, I like that part! *Thumbs Looks even better in your favorite color! *Smile

Glad you got it tamed down..... TC

f14tomcat, Apr 18, 2017
  9. THANKS Wynona !!! *Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin

10. Is someone taking screen shots of my  computer? [​IMG]
    This page has several mentions of Viewpoint and Aol too. should I leave everything checked on this page. Not ready to dump AOL yet.

Is someone taking screen shots of my  computer? [​IMG]

Just want to be sure there are the right files to keep. I can't click to them to see them. Let me know....the 2 that are unchecked are the ones to keep simrick?

will wait a bit to clean it incase I need to remove anything else.

11. f14tomcat Win User
    Can't see the full keys.

In this one:

before you take your screenshot, just to the left of the word "Value", hover your mouse pointer and you'll be able to drag that column to the right, so we can see the full value. OK?

f14tomcat, Apr 18, 2017
  12. simrick Win User
    Yes, expand the columns so you can read enough.
    Also, everything to be removed should be checked, anything that stays should be unchecked.
    I thought you didn't want to get rid of AOL/Viewpoint yet, so that's why I only suggested to get rid of the 2 SEARCHSCOPES keys.

simrick, Apr 18, 2017
  13. Is someone taking screen shots of my computer?

Okay is this better????? Thanks Tomcat for that much needed info.

Simrick I was going to stay with AOL only IF I could get rid of Viewpoint. It is snapping away again. But it is able to be checked for removal...could/would that help?

purplelover, Apr 19, 2017
  14. Okay ,I have been having the screenshots AGAIN. After I did what was suggested last night they were gone. They are back again.... drat...

I did find this... How to Delete Viewpoint Spyware

Could someone take a look and see if it would possibly work???

Still waiting for directions for ADWCleaner....what to keep and what to save. Not doing anything till I get some feedback. So greatful for everyone helping me.

purplelover, Apr 19, 2017
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    That's much better with the width of the display data, but, unfortunately, it's looks like a cross between Arabic and Russian! Honestly, I can't read a thing.

I would delete the Viewpoint, but if you don't do the trick in that link I posted, it'll probably come right back. I am not familiar enough with AOL browser to know if it'll work without all the baggage it wants to put on your machine. I haven't used it since the mid 90's when AOL would mail you the CD at least 3 times a week.

I'm still of the opinion you should get rid of AOL entirely and go to a more common browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge. There must be a way to export all your favorites and such so you could import them to another, and go forward.

f14tomcat, Apr 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Is someone taking screen shots of my computer? - Similar Threads - someone taking screen

2. screen shots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  3. screen shots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  4. How do I take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I take a screen shot?: I have Windows 10 and need to make a screen shot. When I hit PrtScr, nothing happens. When I hit Fn+Windows key+space bar, nothing happens. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-a-screen-shot/e5beb4ff-b765-428c-9c72-7eb5d22ba01c
  5. How do I take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I take a screen shot?: How do I take a screen shot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-a-screen-shot/4bb79bd6-c1b6-4384-ad73-5ca5d6909561
  6. Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking Screen Shots

Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking Screen Shots: Looks like this was asking in Jan 2018 but no solution posted- Windows 10 suddenly stopped taking screenshots. I have a brand new Lenovo Ideapad s340 (owned for <6mo). Tonight I took a screenshot via a command in a virtual lab I am working in; this function has worked fine...
  7. Taking a screen shot in information in Setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taking a screen shot in information in Setting: I'm trying to take a screen shot in Settings-About. I'm not doing something right. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-a-screen-shot-in-information-in-setting/502d120c-15aa-407c-b056-dbee373e17b0
  8. How do you take a screen shot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you take a screen shot?: Hello, How do I screen shot and then add it to a document as an attachment? I haven't done it for years and for the life of me I can't remember how to! Thank you in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated....
  9. Screen shot takes too long to open

Screen shot takes too long to open: I had contacted your support through chat,and the agent Wasim,was trying to figure out the problems,when he put my laptop on re-start mode,and we lost each other mid way.Neither was any attempt made from him to either call or email me.Now, this is a new laptop,and am very...
  10. Help with Taking a Screen Shot

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with Taking a Screen Shot: I've been trying for months now to take a screen shot on my laptop (Toshiba), but cannot figure out how to do it. I want to take the screenshot and then add it to my pictures. How do I do this. My old laptop was easy; just click on the screenshot button, bring up the app to...