Windows 10: Is someone using VPN software to hack me?

Discus and support Is someone using VPN software to hack me? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was about to shut down my PC the other day after a few hours of gaming and noticed an icon for Radmin VPN on the desktop. Now, I don't have a VPN and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jake Doughty, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Is someone using VPN software to hack me?

I was about to shut down my PC the other day after a few hours of gaming and noticed an icon for Radmin VPN on the desktop. Now, I don't have a VPN and have never used one, so that alone is worrying. When I opened the software, a small panel opened saying the VPN was active. I instantly turned it off. Scarily, the username for the software was "jakeisgay" my name is Jake. I wouldn't set that as my username and never recall doing that anyway. I quickly routed through the system files and I think I managed to delete all the software. All that seems to remain is the install file for Radmin VPN.

:)

Jake Doughty, Aug 1, 2023
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Aug 1, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Is someone using VPN software to hack me? :D

P4-630, Aug 1, 2023
  4. Is someone using VPN software to hack me?

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Aug 1, 2023
Thema:

Is someone using VPN software to hack me?

1. Is someone using VPN software to hack me? - Similar Threads - someone using VPN

2. Is someone using VPN software to hack me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is someone using VPN software to hack me?: I was about to shut down my PC the other day after a few hours of gaming and noticed an icon for Radmin VPN on the desktop. Now, I don't have a VPN and have never used one, so that alone is worrying. When I opened the software, a small panel opened saying the VPN was active....
  3. VPN software not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN software not working: HiI have an issue that VPN apps such as: Hotspot Shield and TunnelBear, does not connecting. I have tried using the same app on my phone to make sure that it's not a router issue. And, it works on my mobile but in my PC it doesn't. I have searched for a solutions but non of...
  4. VPN software not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN software not working: HiI have an issue that VPN apps such as: Hotspot Shield and TunnelBear, does not connecting. I have tried using the same app on my phone to make sure that it's not a router issue. And, it works on my mobile but in my PC it doesn't. I have searched for a solutions but non of...
  5. VPN software not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. VPN softwares crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    VPN softwares crashing: No matter what VPN software it is, once I open it, it freezes for a while and then the software crashes. I cannot even access the add a VPN connection in my pc settings. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thank you....
  7. Need help someone threatened to hack me.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help someone threatened to hack me.: I might have been ratted because I was in a discord call with my friends and some random kid joined and threatened all of us that he was gonna rat us all because I guess one of my was talking smack and gain remote control of our PCs and we didn’t believe till two day ago my...
  8. Someone is stalking and hacking me somehow..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone is stalking and hacking me somehow..: I need help. Someone is contacting me off of multiple unknown burner numbers and found ALL of my social media accounts. I deleted my textnow number, registered a new email and used a different browser to get a new number through textnow and I just seen the same number try and...
  9. Can someone help me with this software issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me with this software issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xx_Kratos_xx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5bt3z/can_someone_help_me_with_this_software_issue/
  10. installation of VPN software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    installation of VPN software: When I try to install my company's VPN software on my personal computer that has Windows 10, I get error messages, and end up going in circles, without being able to install the software. My IT dept has told me that they know for sure that it is a Windows problem ,but they...