Windows 10: **** is taking up my space

Discus and support **** is taking up my space in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; can i ask about why there are 70 GIGABYTES taken up in apps and features [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: **** like this doesnt happen on linux, why should it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChaosGaming1234, Jun 10, 2020.

1. **** is taking up my space

can i ask about why there are 70 GIGABYTES taken up in apps and features

**** is taking up my space 8bacfece-2e31-4e03-a6bf-35ef9e8f0500?upload=true.png **** is taking up my space f880e23e-f66d-4297-a4dd-44f144e7d225?upload=true.png

EDIT: **** like this doesnt happen on linux, why should it happen here. and if system apps take up a minimum of 65 gigabytes thats disappointing that stuff i dont use takes up that much **** space

:)

ChaosGaming1234, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 10, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System Taking Like All of my space ._.

Windows File Explorer is not great at finding out where your hard drive space is being used . . .

• Click HERE to download a small free utility Called TreeSize.
    • Run that utility as Administrator
    • Point it to your C Drive
    • Let the list of files/folders build
    • Expand out the folder(s) that are taking all your hard drive space
    • Please provide a screenshot of the resulting window in order for us to make a better analysis of what is happening with your system and suggest a remedy

DaveM121, Jun 10, 2020
  4. **** is taking up my space

Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

**** is taking up my space

1. **** is taking up my space - Similar Threads - **** taking space

2. onedrive is taking up all of my computer space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is taking up all of my computer space: Hello,Recently, my computer alerted me that my computer was low on storage space 500 MB or so. So I went to drag all my downloads into the OneDrive folder, and it uploaded. However, my computer said that I had zero bytes on my computer. I then tried dragging those files into...
  3. onedrive is taking up all of my computer space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is taking up all of my computer space: Hello,Recently, my computer alerted me that my computer was low on storage space 500 MB or so. So I went to drag all my downloads into the OneDrive folder, and it uploaded. However, my computer said that I had zero bytes on my computer. I then tried dragging those files into...
  4. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  5. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  6. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Whats taking up space on my work computer?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats taking up space on my work computer?!: I just spent an hour freeing up 25GB today from temporary and user data from an old user. Restart and login myself- 24GB Start Photoshop - 21 GB Close Ps and click disk clean up, it says can clear 100MB. Im like fine. Goes down to 19GB. Even if I restarted, it's down to...
  8. Huge file taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge file taking up space: Is this file safe to delete? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/huge-file-taking-up-space/0ce72527-8b32-41c1-b280-0d8b45cf4a73
  9. System taking up 500gb of space

System taking up 500gb of space: [ATTACH] Pretty simple. Is this normal? If not what can I do to reduce the space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-taking-up-500gb-of-space/d80b4ffd-631a-41bb-8f21-a773a1a14568
  10. 'Others' folder taking up space

'Others' folder taking up space: My others folder is taking up around 5GB space. I don't know how to free it. Need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/others-folder-taking-up-space/7a515088-401f-4bf1-b424-a8ce47ac36cb