Windows 10: Is taskhostw.exe doing something it shouldn't?

Discus and support Is taskhostw.exe doing something it shouldn't? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows 10 system security virus and threat protection says: Unauthorized changes blocked: Controlled access folder blocked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkTiede, Jul 22, 2019.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Is taskhostw.exe doing something it shouldn't?

My Windows 10 system security virus and threat protection says:

Unauthorized changes blocked:

Controlled access folder blocked c:\window...taskhostw.exe from making changes to memory.

Is this something normal that the ransomware protection is inappropriately complaining about or is taskhostw infected with something?

:)

MarkTiede, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Wynona Win User

taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

Is taskhostw.exe doing something it shouldn't? [​IMG]

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Jul 22, 2019
  3. AddRAM Win User
    win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Just try it through Windows update, you shouldn`t have any issues.

Excellent question Navy, that`s probabaly why. If not then, as suggested, just use the Media Creation Tool and choose upgrade this PC in Step 3.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Is taskhostw.exe doing something it shouldn't? - Similar Threads - taskhostw exe doing

2. Auto upgrades that shouldn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto upgrades that shouldn't: I have HP desktop with I 4570. Microsoft or HP upgraded my computer to Windows 11. Now it won't install upgrades saying the computer can not support windows 11. Funny, but not amusing...
  3. Auto upgrades that shouldn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto upgrades that shouldn't: I have HP desktop with I 4570. Microsoft or HP upgraded my computer to Windows 11. Now it won't install upgrades saying the computer can not support windows 11. Funny, but not amusing...
  4. Deactivated something I shouldn't and now can't print

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deactivated something I shouldn't and now can't print: I deactivated something I shouldn't and now I can't print. When I try to add a printer in Word I get a message that Active Directory is unavailable. When I try to go to peripheral devices to see what's there it won't access and simply close the window. Any idea what's...
  5. Question about something I shouldn't have to ask.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about something I shouldn't have to ask.: I have previously cast my screen from my Android phone to my PC. Why do they suddenly not see each other? I haven't changed the settings. I haven't screen cast to a different device. Everything is exactly the same as the last time (I even looked up the same YouTube video...
  6. How do I hide this system partition that shouldn't be showing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I hide this system partition that shouldn't be showing?: First how it shows on explorer (I don't want to see it): [ATTACH] How it shows under EaseUS: [ATTACH] How can I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-hide-this-system-partition-that-shouldnt/9300d17a-f667-4c74-9602-ac910e847a4a"
  7. taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  8. taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WrbCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  9. Family Safety on when it shouldn't be

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety on when it shouldn't be: Ever since I updated to windows 10 I've been having troubles with the Family Safety options. Things like youtube videos and other things like that are blocked, and locked that way. I am the administrator account and the adult (as well as the only one on this computer). I also...
  10. Should I or Shouldn't I

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I or Shouldn't I: I have been hearing alot on privacy issues within windows 10 and that microsoft has the ability to remove software from your computer if it has detected an invalid license and such. i keep getting the icon telling me not to miss my chance to upgrade to windows 10 but at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskhostw.exe blocked

2. should taskhostw.exe modify the ifeo