Windows 10: Is Telephony TapiSrv service safe?

Discus and support Is Telephony TapiSrv service safe? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Got a question about this Telephony TapiSrv I know it is running on my computer. Is it safe and what does this do? 170083 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Purpleroses, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Is Telephony TapiSrv service safe?

Got a question about this Telephony TapiSrv I know it is running on my computer. Is it safe and what does this do?

:)

Purpleroses, Dec 9, 2020
  2. coderbond Win User

Telephony (TapiSrv) constant CPU consumption

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 running Windows 10 Pro and one of my svchost.exe services seems to always be running high. Following a Hanselman post I tracked the svchost down to the Telephony (Tapisrv) service. The service hovers at 25% CPU usage all of the time.

For the life of me I can't figure out why its consuming so many resources. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

coderbond, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Telephony (TapiSrv) constant CPU consumption

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Svchost.exe is a process on your computer that hosts, or contains, other individual services that Windows uses to perform various functions. Since, this process is utilizing a lot of memory I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it
    fixes your issue.

Method 1: Run an Antivirus scan and keep latest Windows Updates installed.

Check for viruses in your system by running a detailed antivirus system scan. I would also recommend you to keep latest Windows Updates installed in your system.

Type “windows updates” in the search bar and press
    Check for updates
    option. If updates are remaining, kindly install all of them.

Method 2: Defragment all your drives.

Click on the link below and follow the steps to defragment all your drives. This may take a while, kindly be patient.

Improve performance by optimizing your drive.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

(Above link is applicable for Windows 10)

Method 3: Perform a clean boot

To disable all non-Microsoft services refer the article called Clean Boot.

Follow:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10 in the above link)

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

I hope the information helps. Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Jaxel Win User

Is Telephony TapiSrv service safe?

Safe Services Configurations?

I always highly edit my services. I don't want 80 programs running in the background from my PC. So these are the services I've disabled. I would like to know if I've done anything unsafe, and if there are other services I can safely disable.

• AllJoyn Router Service - supposedly disables Miracast, except it still works for me.
    • BranchCache
    • Certificate Propogation
    • Distributed Link Tracking Coordinator - hurts ability to "share" files.
    • Downloaded Maps Manager
    • ​Geolocation Service
    • HomeGroup Listener
    • HomeGroup Provider
    • Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    • IP Helper
    • Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service
    • Netlogon
    • Offline Files
    • Print Spooler
    • Peer Name Resolution Protocol
    • Peer Networking Grouping
    • Peer Networking Identity Manager
    • Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
    • Remote Access Connection Manager
    • Remote Desktop Configuration
    • Remote Desktop Services
    • Remote Registry
    • Retail Demo Service
    • Routing and Remote Access
    • Secondary Logon
    • Server - disables ability to "share" files.
    • Shell Hardware Detection - disables autoplay, and increases security against rootkits.
    • Smartcard
    • SNMP Trap
    • Storage Service
    • Superfetch
    • Telephony
    • Windows Backup
    • Windows Error Reporting Service
    • Windows Image Acquisition
    • Windows Remote Management
    • Workstation - hurts ability to "share" files.

What are the following services:

• CDPSvc

Jaxel, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Is Telephony TapiSrv service safe?

1. Is Telephony TapiSrv service safe? - Similar Threads - Telephony TapiSrv service

2. Handsfree telephony reenabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handsfree telephony reenabling: Handsfree telephony reenables itself when i restart my headphones or computer. I tried everything how do i get it to stop automatically **** itself everytime i launch a game that is convinced i have a mic on my headphones? I don't. Please I'm sick and tired of this problem....
  3. Handsfree telephony reenabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handsfree telephony reenabling: Handsfree telephony reenables itself when i restart my headphones or computer. I tried everything how do i get it to stop automatically **** itself everytime i launch a game that is convinced i have a mic on my headphones? I don't. Please I'm sick and tired of this problem....
  4. no telephony services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no telephony services: shortly after installing last weeks beta version: No Microsoft telephony services are installed." when clicking on local Outlook contactonly on one Win 11 pc for one user. Other machines fine for that user.The telephony service is running automatically in ServicesDialing out...
  5. no telephony services

no telephony services: shortly after installing last weeks beta version: No Microsoft telephony services are installed." when clicking on local Outlook contactonly on one Win 11 pc for one user. Other machines fine for that user.The telephony service is running automatically in ServicesDialing out...
  6. Can't turn on Handsfree-telephony

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on Handsfree-telephony: I try to turn on handsfree-telephony at controlpanel>devices and printers but it doesn't work. It says: The parameter is wrong. Can anyone help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-handsfree-telephony/f1a68469-ed33-4f75-99ce-f8cf7320953d
  7. Can't turn on Handsfree-telephony

Can't turn on Handsfree-telephony: I try to turn on handsfree-telephony at controlpanel>devices and printers but it doesn't work. It says: The parameter is wrong. Can anyone help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-handsfree-telephony/f1a68469-ed33-4f75-99ce-f8cf7320953d
  8. Can't turn on Handsfree-telephony

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. can't turn on handsfree telephony

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't turn on handsfree telephony: i tried to fix an issue by turning off this setting but now i can't turn it back on for my headset, it just says 'the parameter is incorrect' when i try to check the box and press apply...
  10. Safe Services Configurations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Services Configurations?: I always highly edit my services. I don't want 80 programs running in the background from my PC. So these are the services I've disabled. I would like to know if I've done anything unsafe, and if there are other services I can safely disable. AllJoyn Router Service -...