Windows 10: Is Terminal the same as Powershell?

Discus and support Is Terminal the same as Powershell? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just upgraded W10 to W11. Now, I see "Terminal" and "Terminal admin" instead of "PowerShell" and "PowerShell admin". Is Terminal a replacement for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RogerBlair1, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Is Terminal the same as Powershell?

I just upgraded W10 to W11. Now, I see "Terminal" and "Terminal admin" instead of "PowerShell" and "PowerShell admin". Is Terminal a replacement for PowerShell" or do I need to install PowerShell and if I do, how do I do it?

:)

RogerBlair1, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 30, 2022
  3. I need some help with windows powershell for windows terminal

Hello curtvan,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community Forums.

I hope you are doing well.

We really appreciate your time in bringing this concern to us. Let us work together to sort this out.

Just to confirm I have understood you correctly, the popup about PowerShell update only shows up when relaunching Windows Terminal, correct?

• Is this a personal computer or connected to a corporate domain?
    • Can we ask the exact edition and version of Windows running on this device? Like if it is Windows 11 Home version 21H2?
      1. To check, you can open WINVER:
      2. Press Windows Key + R
      3. At the Run dialog box, type WINVER
      4. Hit OK or Enter
      5. It should show the Windows information.
    You may visit the link below for instructions on how to update PowerShell 7:

Installing PowerShell on Windows

We look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator

Mara May M, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Is Terminal the same as Powershell?

Windows Terminal

You Probably Got This Error Here :

Is Terminal the same as Powershell? [​IMG]

You Need To Enable Touch And Keyboard Handwriting Service On To Fix This Problem
    To enable Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service, follow these steps:
    1. Press Win+R in combination to open the Run dialog box.
    2. In the empty field of the box, type Services.msc and hit the Enter key to open the Services (Local) editor.
    3. locate Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service entry under Name section.
    4. Now double click it
    5. Change The Startup Type To Automatic If It Not Already
    6. Then Click The Start Button Then Click Ok And Close The Window
    7. Now Relaunch Windows Terminal Your Problem Should Now Be Fixed
    btw if this worked for you ( click the thanks button down it helps me a lot ! )

Paper Luigi, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Is Terminal the same as Powershell?

1. Is Terminal the same as Powershell? - Similar Threads - Terminal same Powershell

2. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell terminates itself upon startup.: I believe i encountered the problem a few months ago or so, everytime i start PowerShell, it simply terminates itself. Before it does though, it displays this error message:Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Could not load file or assembly...
  3. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell terminates itself upon startup.: I believe i encountered the problem a few months ago or so, everytime i start PowerShell, it simply terminates itself. Before it does though, it displays this error message:Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Could not load file or assembly...
  4. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is Terminal the same as Powershell?

Is Terminal the same as Powershell?: I just upgraded W10 to W11. Now, I see "Terminal" and "Terminal admin" instead of "PowerShell" and "PowerShell admin". Is Terminal a replacement for PowerShell" or do I need to install PowerShell and if I do, how do I do it?...
  6. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Powershell same as CMD?: seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55
  7. Are Powershell same as CMD?

Are Powershell same as CMD?: seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55
  8. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Keep elevated powershell in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep elevated powershell in Windows Terminal: I'm running Windows Terminal v.1.6.10571.0 and love having my Ubuntu, CMD and Powershell sessions all in WT. However, a few things I need to regularly do require me to elevate powershell. When I do this with 'Start-Process Powershell -Verb RunAs' it launches the elevated PS...
  10. CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal: I have recently returned to windows after 10 years of OSX/MacOS and Linux. During my time on these OSes I became very comfortable with using the terminal on a daily basis for minor tasks to system configuration and diagnostics. I loved the power these tools have and wish to...