Windows 10: Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file?

Discus and support Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to modify my registry and I want to APPEND something to the value of a key, like: modify [some\path\to\a\key]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by snljty, Mar 7, 2019.

1. snljty Win User

Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file?

Hello,

I am trying to modify my registry and I want to APPEND something to the value of a key, like:

modify

[some\path\to\a\key]

"key_name"="original_key_value"

to

[some\path\to\a\key]

"key_name"="original_key_value appended_key_value"

using a .REG file.

Is that possible?

Thanks dear community contributors.

:)

snljty, Mar 7, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

to prevent it from autopopulating try making the reg key
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List read only

slozomby, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Batch Append Mp3 Tags

ROTFLMAO - I thought I did that search - guess not *Wink

That answer is fairly close to my guess
    It's a bit tricky but it works

Select one file in Mp3tag

Open the Actions menu
    Select Actions
    - opens Action groups window

Press the new action button on the right (box with star)
    Name the Action group: addPopToGenre
    (or anything you want)

The Actions dialog window opens (looks a lot like Action groups)
    Press the New button on the right (box with star)

Select action type: Format value (drop down list)

Format value dialog box opens
    Field: GENRE (drop down list)
    Format String: %genre% Pop

This applies the change to the selected file.

You can apply this to any file from the Actions Menu
    - select the file(s) you want to add Pop to the Genre
    - select addPopToGenre from the list of actions
    - save the changes

dal, you get +50 reps if I could... hope I can give you at least one.

Slartybart, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file?

Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file?

1. Is that possible to APPEND something to a string value by a .REG file? - Similar Threads - possible APPEND something

2. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?: I want to set up a .reg file for restoring all my customizations when I reinstall or move to a new computer, but I do not have certainty that the file structure or registry values will be the same. So, I need modify some keys with imperfect information about their values. For...
  3. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?: I want to set up a .reg file for restoring all my customizations when I reinstall or move to a new computer, but I do not have certainty that the file structure or registry values will be the same. So, I need modify some keys with imperfect information about their values. For...
  4. How do I copy the value of a Registry Key, or part of the value, using a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is it possible to change (Default) value with a .reg file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change (Default) value with a .reg file?: I am trying to change (Default) value of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command" to easily edit with Krita. Actually, I did it manually, but when I try to create a .rig file of it to run after format etc. It doesn't work. This is what I...
  6. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  7. lil bit of .reg file help. cant figure out how to reset string

in Windows 10 Support
    lil bit of .reg file help. cant figure out how to reset string: here's an example [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bash_auto_file] @="Bash Script" it adds the value "Bash Script" to the default value of the .bash_auto_file key. i'm trying to reset the default string to its natural state with (value not set) [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bash_auto_file] @=""...
  8. Adapting .REG Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adapting .REG Files.: I came across these somewhere [sorry I can't remember where or I would credit the owner]. I know that Icon and Position are optional, but MUIVerb and SubCommands are compulsory. Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\AdvancedStartupOptions]" MUIVerb"="Advanced...
  9. Double click on *.reg file does NOT change the key value in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click on *.reg file does NOT change the key value in Registry: I have a *.reg script which just modifies (overwrites) the value of a certain, existing Registry key. When I double click on it (similar to Win7) then a popup appears asking me if I really want to add the key. After clicking Ok I was informed that the key value has been...
  10. Cannot append to pdf files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot append to pdf files: Since installing the latest Windows 10 update I am unable to 'print' to an existing pdf file by choosing the 'append' option. This fails in Win2pdf and in Microsoft Print to PDF. 110014

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reg file to append value