Windows 10: Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Discus and support Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FajarDargombez, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that?

:)

FajarDargombez, Mar 4, 2024

2. Web links in other apps take forever to open in browser

Hi,

The issue your experiencing about the hyperlink can happen to one or more of the following reasons:

• The setting where you choose what web browser that you want to use is corrupted. This can cause Windows to misinterpret which browser is set as the default browser on your computer.
    • After the software was installed, settings were changed, which can cause links to webpages to work incorrectly.
    • A previously installed browser or add-in might be interfering with other software on your computer.
    • Registry keys were changed or became corrupted.

You can set Internet Explore or Microsoft Edge as your default browser for opening weblinks in your app and check if the issue will still occur.

We suggest to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser. See steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 4, 2024
  3. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Vista asking for login info when opening the browser

It asks for passwords right away when the browser is opened?

What will happen if he click cancel?

kid41212003, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

1. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open... - Similar Threads - possible reset browser

2. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  3. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  4. App & browser control won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App & browser control won't open: About a week ago the blue windows security shield on bottom right of screen Started displaying a yellow "!". When I roll over a small blank rectangle pops up. When I click on it nothing happens.If I open Settings >> Privacy & Security >> Windows Security I see this:Nothing...
  5. Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??: Hello, this is a problem I recently face as my laptopWindows's apps like discord, line, Microsoft store, steam, etc. suddenly can't connect to the internet. I've tried several solutions posted on the internet such as Type netsh winsock resetPress enterType netsh int ip...
  6. Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??: Hello, this is a problem I recently face as my laptopWindows's apps like discord, line, Microsoft store, steam, etc. suddenly can't connect to the internet. I've tried several solutions posted on the internet such as Type netsh winsock resetPress enterType netsh int ip...
  7. Why can't I open apps when I can open browsers??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?: Hi, on Windows 10 I'm using several browsers at the same time. When I open a link from my E-Mail Software, it will open it in the default browser. Can I somehow make Windows ask every time what browser my link should be opened with? submitted by /u/AlarakAkbar [link]...
  9. Browsers not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers not opening: Ever since I installed the most recent windows update, I haven't been able to open any internet browser except for Microsoft edge. I have tried this with both google chrome and opera and they will open for about a split second and then immediately close itself. I have tried...
  10. Browser opening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Browser opening: Good morning, I have a question I have a 32 bit hp pc and a 64 bit hp pc on my desktop when I click my Firefox Icon for my browser to open it takes 25 seconds for my 64 bit browser to open and 8 seconds for my 32 bit browser to open.and I have both browsers setup the same and...