Windows 10: Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?

Discus and support Is the 1511 upgrade worth it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home version. It continually fails to install the 1511 upgrade. I have already spent lots of time on this and am concerned that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cathy, Jan 11, 2016.

1. cathy Win User

Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?

I have Windows 10 Home version. It continually fails to install the 1511 upgrade. I have already spent lots of time on this and am concerned that successfully upgrading will require an inordinate amount of time and effort.

An HP support person told me that it is not necessary to upgrade but I would like to hear from others. Is it important to upgrade or not?

Thank you.

:)

cathy, Jan 11, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

IS THE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE WORTH IT??!!

Most laptops its very easy to swap out the hard drive with a new one. $60 more or less would afford you a 120g SSD, fast ! and Install windows 10 on it. Swap back in your old one if not happy & use the new one with a 10 dollar usb adapter plugged into
    your router or laptop as extra storage or portable drive.

'Mike P, Jan 11, 2016
  3. dopiaa Win User
    IS THE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE WORTH IT??!!

Hi,

I am considering upgrading my (6-7 year old) dell laptop from windows 7 to 10.. it's not my primary computer and isn't used often. i've had windows 10 on my primary for over a year now and would like to run my old computer on the same platform to avoid
    any irritation when going back and forth.

i do like windows 10 (though i'll admit i'm still very much partial to the older platforms) but am wondering if this is something i should do, especially since it's an older laptop. any opinions? Thank you!

dopiaa, Jan 11, 2016
  4. azasadny Win User

The update is important because whatever is causing your PC to fail when trying to install it may also prevent future updates from installing...

azasadny, Jan 12, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    How have you tried obtaining the updates? If you've only tried Windows Update, try downloading the ISOS. If you still get this issue after the upgrade, you might want to do a clean install with just the 1511 ISO. You won't need to worry about entering the key because its tied to your current hardware.

swarfega, Jan 12, 2016
  6. I agree. If it is not installing, then there is an underlying issue that should be resolved.

If I couldn't figure it out after about 2 hours or so, I would just perform a clean install with the latest version of Windows 10.

DeaconFrost, Jan 13, 2016
  7. Phone Man Win User
    I had a problem on my desktop that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to W10 and it would also fail to upgrade to 1511.
    I have never liked upgrades but was waiting on 1511 to do a clean install and as it turned out that was the only way to go on this system.
    I did notice that my system runs a lot better since the clean install. I was running in MBR mode and used this opportunity to convert to UEFI.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is the 1511 upgrade worth it? - Similar Threads - 1511 upgrade worth

2. 3080Ti - upgrade worth it?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3080Ti - upgrade worth it?: Hi, there! I have the RTX 3080Ti and use 1440p. I think that 3080Ti is weak nowadays. It isn’t high-end GPU already. So I wonder when I upgrade to 4080, if the performance increase will be mind-blowing? I read some reviews and everything going to 30% better performance than...
  3. Memory upgrade - worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory upgrade - worth it?: I’ve a Dell Latitude 5490 with 8GB of RAM. This has an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated graphics card which uses the main RAM for it’s memory. The 8GB is using one of the 2 DDR4 2400 slots. I’m running this on two displays - a 4K monitor and the built-in Full HD LCD display....
  4. Cannot upgrade past 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade past 1511: I have a Lenovo T400 laptop that runs a legitimate activated copy of Windows 7 Pro. I successfully upgraded it to Windows 10 1511 some time ago. It has all the updates to 1511 but cannot install the 1809 update. Any ideas? 139186
  5. Can't Upgrade to 1511

Can't Upgrade to 1511: Hello, I have been following this thread and am unable to upgrade my laptop to 1511, I am on build 10240. I have followed all the steps in this thread and many other threads with no result. I will update windows defender stuff but will not upgrade to build 1511 or the latest...
  6. Windows 1511 upgrade problem

Windows 1511 upgrade problem: Hi, I bought recently laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed on it. Last week I've tried to install 1511 upgrade, but it got stuck at about 23% so I decided to postpone it and to do this upgrade overnight since I heard that it takes lot of time. Now, however I keep getting this...
  7. RAM upgrade for EDGE, worth it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM upgrade for EDGE, worth it?: Greetings all, I use Edge as a browser - I moved from Firefox to Chrome to Edge over the years. It's the fastest at the moment. However, it's a memory burner, I constantly have 2-4GB used by Edge when I have several tabs opened and over a few hours the speed just grinds...
  8. Is win10 worth the upgrade? Just installed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Is win10 worth the upgrade? Just installed.: Been win7 for a while. Ive done some research on win10 and many people have a ton of complains on it, including telemtry, bugs, bloatware, searching, etc. Was the switch worth it in your opinion ? Is there anything I should do to improve quality of life immediately upon...
  9. Problem upgrading to 1511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading to 1511: Hi, I successfully upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home a week or so ago but I used an ISO that I had successfully upgraded 2 other PCs with - turns out It was build 10240. When I upgraded it gave me the option to keep all my installed software and settings. I'm now...
  10. Is it worth upgrading to 64-bit OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it worth upgrading to 64-bit OS?: I basically have an old Lenovo laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 2.53GHz and only 3GB RAM), and it's upgraded to the latest 1607 Windows version. However, it's only 32-bit when my processor is 64-bit based. I can't really be arsed to have to wipe everything to switch over to...