Windows 10: Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or...

Discus and support Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have made several youtube videos with said background music and have started to receive copyright claims on those videos. I don't mind getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Seangibb, May 12, 2020.

1. Seangibb Win User

Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or...

I have made several youtube videos with said background music and have started to receive copyright claims on those videos. I don't mind getting the rights, but the names of the song in the background playlist, don't match the names of what I am using, nor can I even find the "original" song I am ripping off apparently. There was another feed about this with no actual answer, was hoping to get Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or... b525dff7-7d3f-4360-8231-88210ba05dcb?upload=true.png definitive.

:)

Seangibb, May 12, 2020
  2. Krrish_88 Win User

Is the Music Copyrighted on Windows 10 Photo app

I am using "Rescue Crew" music from Windows 10 Photo Video editor in one of my videos for my company on You tube. Is this music copyrighted?

Krrish_88, May 12, 2020
  3. KenLevy1 Win User
    Use of background music supplied with Photos app

I created a slideshow video in Photos app. I used one of the background music clips suggested in the app - the Ravel piece. Facebook questioned whether I had the right to use the clip. When I use the background music suggested by Photos, do I need to worry
    about obtaining rights before posting to Facebook or YouTube or has Photos cleared this already? The video will be posted by a small non-profit arts organization to publicise an event.

Thanks for any clarification.

KenLevy1, May 12, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or...

adding background music to video

You need a video editing program to do that. Because you tell you have no experience, I recommend you start with a free one before spending money, to see if video editing is something you might get interested in.

In my opinion, the absolutely easiest to use and by far the best of all free editors is OpenShot (OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!)

It is Open Source (Open source - Wikipedia), free with no hidden costs for additional features.

When installed, run OpenShot. List numbers refer to numbers in screenshot:
    1. Select Project Files
    2. Click + to browse to and import your video
    3. Video will be added to Project Files
    4. Drag the video to timeline, to any free track. Be sure to add video so that beginning of it touches the red vertical line at beginning of the track
    5. Right click video track, select Separate Audio > Single clip

Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or... [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Audio will be separated from video and moved to another track. Select the audio track, right click it and select Remove Clip:

Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or... [​IMG]

Audio track will be cleared, the original audio of your video removed.

Import your music file to Project Files exactly as you imported the video, and drag it to any free track.

Usually the added audio track is not the same length than the video. If your music lasts longer than the video, go to end of timeline and drag audio track content so that it ends at the same point than video:

If your music track is shorter than video, you can add it again at the end of current audio track.

Now you can export (save) the video:

That's it! Easy, fast and free.

Note Please notice that if you want to publish the video on social media, YouTube and such, you must own copyrights for audio and video content, or have copyright owner's permission. On my 100+ Windows videos, when I feel the video needs some background music, I use the copyright free music from YouTube. Another free source is the Free Music Archive.

Thema:

1. Is the background music, within the Window's Photos App/ Video Maker, copyright free? Or... - Similar Threads - background music within

2. Photos App Video Maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Video Maker: Hello, for the past few years I enjoyed using the video maker that comes with Windows 10. I would get to it by loading an image into the Photos app and then selecting "Create A Video With Music" from the dropdown menu. From there, I could make little videos for myself with...
  3. Background music in the Photos-Video editor App - Is it Royalty Free?

Background music in the Photos-Video editor App - Is it Royalty Free?: If I want to make a video clip to upload to Youtube/ Facebook by using the Photos-Video editor App, and I want to use one of the options that are in Background music Item called: "Come with me" - Do I need to buy the licence for the track or is it a Royalty free music? I...
  4. Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright?

Is background music built-in Photos app has someone's else copyright?: Hi, I have created a video with the help of Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Home. I have used the in-built background music Microsoft provides by default. Once I uploaded that video to YouTube, I got a copyright strike due to that background music. What does that mean? I...
  5. What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor

What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor: Hi there, I am trying to research which background music can be used on the Microsoft Video editor that do not violate or flag for copyright issues. I was under the impression that the background music provided was public domain and/or allowed to use. I am editing short...
  6. Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright

Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright: I used Microsoft photo/video editor app background music in one of my video which I uploaded to YouTube, later YouTube marked this video music copyright issue. I believe all the background musics in this app are generic, free to use, please let me know what should I do?...
  7. Copyright on music in Windows Photos app

Copyright on music in Windows Photos app: Using the built-in Video Editor in Photos which is awesome, by the way, it's possible to add background music to video clips. I was intending to use this for a short work-related presentation, but a colleague queried the licence on the music - are there any restrictions on...
  8. Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor

Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor: Using the built-in Video Editor in Windows which is awesome, by the way, it's possible to add background music to video clips. I was intending to use this for a short work-related presentation, but a colleague queried the licence on the music - are there any restrictions on...
  9. Using the Background music in the Photos-Video editor App

Using the Background music in the Photos-Video editor App: Dear Sirs, If I want to make a video clip by using the Photos-Video editor App, and I want to use one of the options that is in the Background music Item called: "Come with me" - Do I need to buy the licence for the track or is it a Royalty free music? If I need to buy - To...
  10. Is the Music Copyrighted on Windows 10 Photo app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is the Music Copyrighted on Windows 10 Photo app: I am using "Rescue Crew" music from Windows 10 Photo Video editor in one of my videos for my company on You tube. Is this music copyrighted?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is the music on windows photo copyrighted

2. windows photo editor free background music where is it stored

3. where are background music for photo app stored