Windows 10: Is the black screen back? November 2018

Discus and support Is the black screen back? November 2018 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Soon after the November 2018 critical Windows 10 update, my 2+ year old Lenovo laptop started having repeated black screen issues. In the middle of me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewThe Author, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Is the black screen back? November 2018

Soon after the November 2018 critical Windows 10 update, my 2+ year old Lenovo laptop started having repeated black screen issues. In the middle of me doing something, the device would shut off, give a black screen of death, and restart automatically in about 30 seconds to the login screen. Once I logged in again, it took me back to exactly what I was doing. It was doing this like every 5-10 minutes. Sleep et al setting are set to "never".

Anyone else have this problem?

I am not technical so please don't suggest engineering level fixes.

:)

AndrewThe Author, Nov 26, 2018

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Is the black screen back? November 2018

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Is the black screen back? November 2018

1. Is the black screen back? November 2018 - Similar Threads - black screen November

2. This Week on Xbox: November 30, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: November 30, 2018: 3fdjJOX5lak We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  3. New to Microsoft 365 in November 2018

in Windows 10 News
    New to Microsoft 365 in November 2018: This month, we released new features in Microsoft 365 that help users stay focused in their workflow while delivering richer, more engaging content. Here’s a look at what’s new in November. Stay in your flow of work We’re launching new capabilities in Microsoft 365 to help...
  4. This Week on Xbox: November 23, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: November 23, 2018: We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if you’d rather...
  5. November 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    November 2018 update: Last week I updated my windows 10 for the latest updates, then when I turned on my laptop after the update the things I use such as browsers would not open but when I looked in the task manager they were showing as being open, but not displayed. Then the task bar was frozen...
  6. This Week on Xbox: November 16, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: November 16, 2018: We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if you’d rather...
  7. November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    November 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in November 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...
  8. Error Code 8004E00F - November 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 8004E00F - November 2018: I am experiencing Error Code 8004E00F - Com+ was unable to talk to the Microsoft Distribution Coordinator. This is preventing me from installing Martin M-PC or Obsidian Onyx (same program different names) . It throws a VB Script error 1720. This is happening on 2 of my...
  9. This Week on Xbox November 2, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox November 2, 2018: -35wP-1x31E We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  10. New Games with Gold for November 2018

in Windows 10 News
    New Games with Gold for November 2018: W_zvRVjRq2g Welcome to another Games with Gold reveal for Xbox One and Xbox 360! In November on Xbox One, engage your enemies in the critically acclaimed shooter Battlefield 1, then test your nerves and dexterity in Race the Sun. On Xbox 360 and Xbox One via Backward...