Windows 10: Is the graphics card or another component broken?

Discus and support Is the graphics card or another component broken? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, fellowship, something weird happened to my computer yesterday. Can you tell me what could have caused it? I almost assume that the graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by christian99975, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Is the graphics card or another component broken?

Hello, fellowship,
    something weird happened to my computer yesterday. Can you tell me what could have caused it? I almost assume that the graphics card failed. Here's what I did:

I have started the game GTA5 (this usually takes about 2-3 minutes until I am in an online lobby. Then the game as well as the rest of the PC is also frozen and the sound was heard twice, for removing e.g. a USB stick. After that the mouse & keyboard didn't work anymore, because apparently these two USB receivers were not active anymore. Plugging it in again did not help either. After a hard reboot, the main monitor (1 of 2) did not get a signal, the PC froze during WIN 10 login and the picture was black and white. Only after several hard restarts and some time of waiting did the main monitor suddenly turn on again, it was colored again and the mouse/keyboard worked again.

So far I have done a virus scan as well as a hard disk scan and Nvidia driver update. But without any particular result.

Can either of you imagine what it might have been about? I'd like to eliminate the problem for the future, of course, if I can.

:)

christian99975, Jun 13, 2020

2. graphic card

Hi,

There is a possibility that the application you're trying to download is not compatible with the hardware that you have. We suggest that you check the system requirements of the chat application, then see if your device is capable of running the it.

To check the Graphics card information on your device, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • On the Run box, type msinfo32 then hit Enter key.
    • On the System Information window, click on Components → Display.

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jun 13, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Pipps Win User

Is the graphics card or another component broken?

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Is the graphics card or another component broken?

1. Is the graphics card or another component broken? - Similar Threads - graphics card another

2. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my graphics card broken?: Hi!I turned on my computer this morning and this happened… is the graphic card broken? Or is there some other problems? Do I have to go to the repair shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-card-broken/eb0197c1-e381-4914-8f1d-5c38267bb374
  3. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my graphics card broken?: Hi!I turned on my computer this morning and this happened… is the graphic card broken? Or is there some other problems? Do I have to go to the repair shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-card-broken/eb0197c1-e381-4914-8f1d-5c38267bb374
  4. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Graphics card broken or error during installation?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card broken or error during installation?: Hello, Some time ago, I built a PC together with other parts. This one also works, but the graphics card is not registered by the system. In the bios is already switched to PCI-Express, but the existing VRAM is added to the onboard graphics memory. The graphics card is not...
  6. graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  7. Bsod: I tried to update the drivers of the graphics card and the other components

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod: I tried to update the drivers of the graphics card and the other components: Recently I’m getting a lot of blue screen errors and this happens whenever I install something or play games, I tried to update the drivers of the graphics card and the other components but it seems that it doesn’t help at all....
  8. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  9. After windows update mine graphic card is broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows update mine graphic card is broken: After latest windows update mine games stopped working. The error is usually that I don't have installed latest directx which I have, and tried to install it again and it tells me that I got latest installed directx. I got 2 display adapters [ATTACH] Every game is...
  10. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...