Windows 10: Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?

Discus and support Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nathan Wachtel, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?

Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?

:)

Nathan Wachtel, Nov 29, 2022

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 29, 2022
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Nov 29, 2022
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows? - Similar Threads - login screen same

2. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  3. Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows?: Is the login screen the same or different as the lock screen in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-login-screen-the-same-or-different-as-the/5df7056e-bb7c-4497-a1e9-9361e7381e28
  4. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  5. Login screen stays the same

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login screen stays the same: I have a Dell Inspiron 15, 7000 series running Windows 10. When booting, it used to show a different login screen background every time. Now, it shows the same one. How can I restore the rotation? Thanks in advance....
  6. Why is Screen Off the same as Screen Lock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Screen Off the same as Screen Lock?: Power & Sleep 1st entry states Screen Off after a specific time. It says nothing about Locking system requiring face unlock. As have a system that I unlock but others can use during the day. Turning off screen just to save power and wear on screen. But appears I don't have...
  7. Screens are same size but different resolution.

Screens are same size but different resolution.: I have 2 screens, my main monitor that is 1440p, and a TV above it that is 1080p. They are identical in size, but due to their different resolutions windows detects the TV as being smaller. This means trying to move the mouse from the top right side of the monitor hits an...
  8. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  9. Login screen wallpaper different to lock screen

Login screen wallpaper different to lock screen: I just clean installed 1909 and the wallpaper for the initial login screen upon turning my PC on is different to the wallpaper I have personally set for my lock screen. I have this set but it does not apply to my login screen whereby it defaults back to a Windows 10...
  10. different lock screen and sign in screen?

different lock screen and sign in screen?: In 1607, the lock screen can be shown on the sign in screen. If disabled, it shows a solid color. Is there a way I can use Spotlight for my lock screen and set the Hero image as my sign in screen background? 63183