Windows 10: Is the maximum hostname char. length still 15?

Discus and support Is the maximum hostname char. length still 15? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there anyway to go around it? And if so how long can a hostname be? submitted by /u/guy_from_iowa01 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/guy_from_iowa01, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Is the maximum hostname char. length still 15?

/u/guy_from_iowa01, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Is the maximum hostname char. length still 15?

1. Is the maximum hostname char. length still 15? - Similar Threads - maximum hostname char

2. Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties: I regularly add Edge shortcuts to the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder, when they appear in All Apps I pin them to the start menu, however if the URL is too long the shortcut is in the folder but does not appear in All Apps, the shortcut URL works...
  3. Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties: I regularly add Edge shortcuts to the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder, when they appear in All Apps I pin them to the start menu, however if the URL is too long the shortcut is in the folder but does not appear in All Apps, the shortcut URL works...
  4. Maximum URL length in Start Menu / Tile / properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File share Maximum Path Length Limitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File share Maximum Path Length Limitation: Dear Expert, Our company has some issue that the share drive's path more than 256 characters. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=cmd as I check, it can extend the limitation on that, but I'm confused if I need to enable it...
  6. File share Maximum Path Length Limitation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File share Maximum Path Length Limitation: Dear Expert, Our company has some issue that the share drive's path more than 256 characters. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=cmd as I check, it can extend the limitation on that, but I'm confused if I need to enable it...
  7. File share Maximum Path Length Limitation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Pin length maximum to low

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin length maximum to low: Today I'd recognised my pin wasn't working, no I've tried to reset the pin (successfully), but Windows allows me only to use an 18 Digit PIN. I can't work with this. And I need a PIN based on the rule that a PIN is required to have when using a fingerprint. Is there any way...
  9. minimum password length more than 15?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    minimum password length more than 15?: Hi there, recently I try to setup my company's 10 security policy, one of the key setting is minimum password length in "Local Security Policy" ==> Account Policies ==> Password Policies, there is an parameter "Minimum password Length" in the explain section, it says...
  10. Specify Maximum and Minimum PIN Length in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Maximum and Minimum PIN Length in Windows 10: How to: Specify Maximum and Minimum PIN Length in Windows 10 [img] Information PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services. One important difference between a password and a Hello PIN is that the PIN is tied to...