Windows 10: Is the Microsoft Store broken?

Discus and support Is the Microsoft Store broken? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I got a new laptop today my older one broke and so far everything has been fine, except for the Microsoft Store. It has been opening randomly and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WhoDat96, Jun 18, 2022.

1. WhoDat96 Win User

Is the Microsoft Store broken?

I got a new laptop today my older one broke and so far everything has been fine, except for the Microsoft Store. It has been opening randomly and attempting to load something. It has yet to load such thing. The laptop is not slow, I have good WIFI and this laptop has a good GPU, but it just won't load what it wants to. Attempting to close it just reopens it. It also tries to always be in the top layer of apps, or the one in "focus" I could say. It also randomly, breaks? The button to go back keeps flickering and the loading animation in the center freezes. Using Task Manager doesn't work and

:)

WhoDat96, Jun 18, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Microsoft Store Broken

My build is 19044.1288 (preview builds are not applied).

As you can see:

Is the Microsoft Store broken? [​IMG]

- the Store is fine.

Here's my recent update history:

Suggest you review yours and consider uninstalling any preview updates, for example, if indeed the problem is caused by one.

You can then install updates in turn - the Control Panel, Program and Features view is most helpful there - and see if the Store works again.

dalchina, Jun 18, 2022
  3. kin2son Win User
    Microsoft Store missing and broken Is the Microsoft Store broken? :(

Hi all, new to the forum and hope someone can assist...

Was trying to install "HP Smart" from MS Store but kept failing (Win10 1709).

Tried resetting the store with wsreset without much luck. After some googling I was stupid enough to mess with the "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" folder, deleted a few folders in there....

I ran a few commands in powershell and after that the store icon is broken nor it will launch.

I then try "resetting" the store in "Add/remove program" -> Windows Store and now the icon is completely gone from the start menu.

Long story short when I try to reinstall the store by running -

"Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"

in powershell admin I am getting the below error (Sorry for the horrible screen cap)

As you can see there are 2 errors. I know the AppXManifest.xml file is in there, yet it keeps saying the system cannot find the path specified.

Is there any suggestion how I can revive the store? I really hope that I don't need to rebuild the whole machine. Thanks heaps!

kin2son, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Is the Microsoft Store broken?

Microsoft Store missing and broken Is the Microsoft Store broken? :(

Like maybe update the OS, very old windows version you have.

Run SFC /scannow to fix missing files from command prompt

sdowney717, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Is the Microsoft Store broken?

1. Is the Microsoft Store broken? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store broken

2. microsoft store broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store broken: I can't check for updates and can't install any app it keeps loading forever please fix this I think it happened after the store update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-broken/9b4d04d0-015b-434d-8404-202acafd3b2b
  3. Microsoft store broken

Microsoft store broken: Hello so I haven't been on my pc in a while even tho it's all updated and should be fine my Microsoft store keeps opening and over clicking everything I do, I tried to end the task with administrator but I can't even click it because for some reason the store is constantly...
  4. Is the Microsoft Store broken?

Is the Microsoft Store broken?: I got a new laptop today my older one broke and so far everything has been fine, except for the Microsoft Store. It has been opening randomly and attempting to load something. It has yet to load such thing. The laptop is not slow, I have good WIFI and this laptop has a good...
  5. Microsoft Store Is Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Is Broken: Whenever I go to the microsoft store to download an app, it fails and says "Try again later, something happened on our side". Can someone help me fix this, it has been going on for months and I cant fix it....
  6. Microsoft Store is broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store is broken: For 2 days, there is a download bar next to Microsoft Store in the Start menu, every time you open it, nothing happens. Because of this, I am unable to update and download any of the apps from the Store....
  7. Microsoft Store Is Broken

Microsoft Store Is Broken: Hi, so my Microsoft store along with many other apps in the Microsoft store such as paint 3d, camera, photos all don't work. When I try to Launch the Microsoft store nothing pops up. However, whenever I try to launch an app from the Microsoft store it prompts me with a...
  8. Microsoft store is BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store is BROKEN: I have literally been updating Minecraft for 30 minutes and it hasn't even STARTED. I tried signing in and out, I tried restarting the computer, but NITHING HAS CHANGED. I AM SO SICK OF THIS AND THIS HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE TRIED TO UPDATE MINECRAFT....
  9. broken microsoft store

broken microsoft store: hello I've run into yet another bug and I've seen something similar to this but this is obviously more sophisticated than normal install glitches when you get an app saying it's downloading something when it's really not I've already run power shell force reset cache and...
  10. Microsoft Store broken

Microsoft Store broken: When I type in store in the start screen, it gives me ms-resource:StoreTitle that cannot be clicked. Microsoft Store does not appear in the apps and features list, nor does it appear in the control panel. Troubleshooting tools don't find the problem. I've tried multiple...