Windows 10: Is the Microsoft upgrade to Windows 10 Open still running?

Discus and support Is the Microsoft upgrade to Windows 10 Open still running? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have to upgrade 30 PCs from Win7 to Win10 by February next year. Does anyone know if the Open Value licensing program is still running? I got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ekaterin, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Ekaterin Win User

Is the Microsoft upgrade to Windows 10 Open still running?

I have to upgrade 30 PCs from Win7 to Win10 by February next year. Does anyone know if the Open Value licensing program is still running?

I got the details of it from https://www.greymatter.com/corporate/showcase/microsoft-licensing/open-value-licensing/

:)

Ekaterin, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, Sep 19, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Is the Microsoft upgrade to Windows 10 Open still running? - Similar Threads - Microsoft upgrade Open

2. Microsoft Store will not open/run. Windows 10 Version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will not open/run. Windows 10 Version: Hi allI had an issue where Microsoft Store that would not open/run. Windows 10 Version , didn't mater what version , i updated , to latest, patched to latest, nothing would workAfter a long time searching for what was up , I got to the bottom of it . From a previous image we...
  3. Microsoft Store will not open/run. Windows 10 Version 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not open/run. Windows 10 Version 20H2: Hi I havent been able to open or use Microsoft Store for a while. I have tried several recommended fixes...including wsreset, powershelladmin, troubleshooter, store reset, etc. My apps installed currently work, I just cant add an app because I cant access the store....
  4. Microsoft 10 on Mac doesn't open/run

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 on Mac doesn't open/run: Hello, I want to install Minecraft for Windows 10, so I downloaded the provided link of Windows to download it. I downloaded both the 64 and the 32 cause I thought the first one wasn't compatible with my computer. Once downloaded, I try to to click it to finish installing...
  5. Is it still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it still possible to upgrade to Windows 10 pro?: I know that it was a free period to upgrade Windows. Is it still possible? I have a 365 Business licence on my Windows 10 Home PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro/0b8eff03-da6b-4900-a126-f511fa9fa78c
  6. Upgraded To Windows 10 and With SSD (Still Slow)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded To Windows 10 and With SSD (Still Slow): Hello All. Recently I just upgraded an old laptop from 2012(Samsung Series 3 Notebook) to Windows 10. I also upgraded from HDD to SSD. I must say that doing tasks does seem more snappier and quicker. Though the boot is still the same time as with my old HDD. I was hoping...
  7. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?: I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there...
  8. Running windows 8 upgraded to 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running windows 8 upgraded to 10: My computer crashed hard. I did nothing but come home from work and all I had was Windows 10 lost all my programs Now I get this message that say's to reconnect drive file history. I'm no computer whiz-bang. But I don't understand I have found where drive D is turned off...
  9. Still waiting for Windows 10 Upgrade.

Still waiting for Windows 10 Upgrade.: Hi, It has been almost a month now since i have reserved my copy of windows 10. When i click on the icon all i get to see is "Your upgrade is reserved there's nothing you need to do right now". I reserved a copy on my brothers PC around 3 days ago and he's one is already...
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024