Windows 10: Is the monitor dead?

Discus and support Is the monitor dead? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an LG 32 inch monitor. It uses a USB power cord. If I connect the USB power cord between the monitor and my computer and no monitor light turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by lostsoul62, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Is the monitor dead?

I have an LG 32 inch monitor. It uses a USB power cord. If I connect the USB power cord between the monitor and my computer and no monitor light turns on, does that mean the monitor is dead?

lostsoul62, Jan 12, 2022
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Is the monitor dead?

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Is the monitor dead?

1. Is the monitor dead? - Similar Threads - monitor dead

2. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings randomly change: I have a Philips monitor with the SmartImage feature, and after a Windows update, it started changing settings on its own, like switching the SmartImage mode from Racing to Gamer1. I tried downloading the latest drivers for both the monitor and graphics card, but the issue is...
  3. Monitor settings randomly change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor settings randomly change: I have a Philips monitor with the SmartImage feature, and after a Windows update, it started changing settings on its own, like switching the SmartImage mode from Racing to Gamer1. I tried downloading the latest drivers for both the monitor and graphics card, but the issue is...
  4. My monitor mouse and keyboard stop working but the PC is still pn

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My monitor mouse and keyboard stop working but the PC is still pn: I turn on my PC and everything works normal after sometime my monitor goes into power saving mode keyboard and mouse turn off but PC is still on like nothing happened pls do you know how I can fix it...
  5. Change monitor resolution above dead zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change monitor resolution above dead zone: My monitor recently broke, and the right part of the monitor is displaying gibberish, is there any way that I could make windows ignore that zone and stop the image left of that area?...
  6. Change monitor resolution above dead zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change monitor resolution above dead zone: My monitor recently broke, and the right part of the monitor is displaying gibberish, is there any way that I could make windows ignore that zone and stop the image left of that area?...
  7. Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors: So I accidentally disabled the driver for my monitors trying to fix the main monitor. The main monitor wasn't working and I made it worst with disabling the driver and killing the signal from my second monitor. No signal to my monitors so I can't see anything, how can I fix...
  8. Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting external monitor to laptop via hdmi with almost dead intel gpu: My laptop internal gpu intel 630 is almost dead only works on Microsoft basic display driver, if i install the intel drivers artifacts starts appearing so i was thinking to buy external monitor for around $200 & connect it via hdmi to dedicated gpu but i’m not sure if that...
  9. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake": I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again....
  10. Is this a dead Pixel in my Monitor? Is there a way to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a dead Pixel in my Monitor? Is there a way to get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9cs0a/is_this_a_dead_pixel_in_my_monitor_is_there_a_way/