Windows 10: Is the 'News and Weather' function using the Internet Explorer engine for news? About 6...

Discus and support Is the 'News and Weather' function using the Internet Explorer engine for news? About 6... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sunilnc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nbgf6j/is_the_news_and_weather_function_using_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sunilnc, May 13, 2021.

1. Is the 'News and Weather' function using the Internet Explorer engine for news? About 6...

/u/sunilnc, May 13, 2021

2. How to fix news, weather and stock market app when frozen and not functioning?

The news, weather and stock market app has stopped functioning? What steps need be taken to correct?

AndreaStoner, May 13, 2021
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Is the 'News and Weather' function using the Internet Explorer engine for news? About 6... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Is the 'News and Weather' function using the Internet Explorer engine for news? About 6...

New Internet Explorer security hole found.

A few websites have been posting the code for the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer 6. Unfortunately, this means that hackers can find vulnerabilities in the code, which they have done. The most recent secuirty hole allows for hackers to remotely hijack a computer, and can be triggered by a rigged multimedia webpage. The fault is mainly due to ActiveX and active scripting problems. Until Microsoft has a patch for this critical flaw, they advise users of Internet Explorer 5.01 and 6 to disable ActiveX controls and active scripting. Running Internet Explorer in Windows Server 2003 with Enhanced Security Configuration does not allow the security hole to be exploited.

Source: CNet

zekrahminator, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Is the 'News and Weather' function using the Internet Explorer engine for news? About 6...

1. Is the 'News and Weather' function using the Internet Explorer engine for news? About 6... - Similar Threads - 'News Weather' function

2. News and Interests - Just weather, please!

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests - Just weather, please!: Hi! Hopefully it's a quick and easy question.I want to see only this:And never things like this:Can it be done? How is it done? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-just-weather-please/e21884c8-9033-4784-9c54-ec2daa20f3db
  3. w11 weather widget and news feed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w11 weather widget and news feed: How can I just get the weather widget without the news feed? I've tried everything, I can think of, but I have been unable to figure out how I can just have the weather widget without all the news feed. I have no interest in the news feed at all. Any suggestions would be...
  4. Taskbar News And Weather

Taskbar News And Weather: Why is the News and Weather available only when the taskbar is at the bottom? I prefer my taskbar being at the top of the screen but it isn't available when set there....
  5. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  6. Weather and news bar

Weather and news bar: How to change this stupid °F to °C in new weather and news bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-and-news-bar/3b465c5a-058e-4e25-99d1-a44d345e47b2
  7. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  8. Misleading information about "News & Intrests-function"

Misleading information about "News & Intrests-function": Hi friends! I have never heard so many misleading answers about a function as with the "News & Intrests" button in the taskbar. Can someone from Microsoft step forward and say what applies. Some write that you must have the update KB5003173 and Microsoft itself pulls it as a...
  9. News and Weather Function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    News and Weather Function: How do I get the news and weather function on my PC. I have kept checking for updates, and going into taskbar settings and could not figure out how to. submitted by /u/uno_arjuno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nc853f/news_and_weather_function/
  10. Weather MAPS and News missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather MAPS and News missing!: Hello, From some times ago the weather app lost some features like MAPS and Weather NEWS. What happened? Some one else has this problem? Thanks [ATTACH]...