Windows 10: Is the notification legit? "Encrypted File System - Back up your file encryption...

Discus and support Is the notification legit? "Encrypted File System - Back up your file encryption... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This notification from "Encrypted File System" showed up today, and it looks off: "Back up your file encryption certificate and key" 1 What I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jaykaywa, Feb 23, 2020.

1. jaykaywa Win User

Is the notification legit? "Encrypted File System - Back up your file encryption...

This notification from "Encrypted File System" showed up today, and it looks off:

"Back up your file encryption certificate and key"

1 What I don't like is the generic "Encrypted File System" instead of Bitlocker.

2 The PC's drives have been encrypted with Bitlocker for years.

3 I backed up the Bitlocker keys to my Microsoft account years ago.

4 I recently checked and confirmed the keys are backed up.

5 When I click on Backup to Removable media, it opens Certificate Export Wizard. I canceled at that point.

Why am getting this notification?

:)

jaykaywa, Feb 23, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Is the notification legit? "Encrypted File System - Back up your file encryption...

Windows XP file encryption

well there is encryption algorithms such as md5, rsa, etc.

Hybrid_theory, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Is the notification legit? "Encrypted File System - Back up your file encryption...

1. Is the notification legit? "Encrypted File System - Back up your file encryption... - Similar Threads - notification legit Encrypted

2. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  3. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  4. Encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  5. Encrypting File System and Certificates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting File System and Certificates: Hello I was hoping someone could clearly explain why sharing files encrypted using EFS require Enterprise Certificate Authority? [ATTACH] Cheers Julian Leach...
  6. Encrypting File System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Encrypting File System: Hello , I am Sagar. I am not able to start my encryption file technology. When I tried to start it from services.msc, it showed below error in the description: "Provides the core file encryption technology used to store encrypted files on NTFS file system volumes. If this...
  7. File Encryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Encryption: I was encrypting files on my laptop which has windows 10 however, I had accidentally stopped the encryption and after I checked I lost almost all of my files. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption/bf1d6484-d95a-4c54-8fe3-80d605a2e0b4
  8. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  9. EFS - Back up your file encryption key - taskbar button

EFS - Back up your file encryption key - taskbar button: There were some earlier threads about this issue but vainly searched for a solution/answer why the Encryption File System - Back up your file encryption taskbar button shows up. 1. there are no encrypted files on my HDD : cipher /u /n /h shows no results 2. EFS has not...
  10. Encryption File System

Encryption File System: Is there EFS in Windows 10 ? If yes, where it is and how to enable? 56730