Windows 10: Is the notification stating Virus detected valid?

Discus and support Is the notification stating Virus detected valid? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a notification that say, virus detected. It has a Microsoft logo on it. It has an option "click here to remove virus". Is this legit? Should I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CJTam, Aug 5, 2021.

1. CJTam Win User

Is the notification stating Virus detected valid?

I have a notification that say, virus detected. It has a Microsoft logo on it. It has an option "click here to remove virus". Is this legit? Should I click on it?[Original Title: Virus detected]

:)

CJTam, Aug 5, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Jsssssssss, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Is the notification stating Virus detected valid?

windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Is the notification stating Virus detected valid?

1. Is the notification stating Virus detected valid? - Similar Threads - notification stating Virus

2. Key not valid for use in specified state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key not valid for use in specified state: I have a command line program and for the last 2 weeks when I try and use it I get "Key not valid for use in specified state". I have looked this up and it seems to be tied to encryption of passwords not the program in Windows? Many other forums have said to delete the folder...
  3. Key not valid for use in specified state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key not valid for use in specified state: I have a command line program and for the last 2 weeks when I try and use it I get "Key not valid for use in specified state". I have looked this up and it seems to be tied to encryption of passwords not the program in Windows? Many other forums have said to delete the folder...
  4. Virus detected" windows notification came in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus detected" windows notification came in my laptop: Virus detected" windows notification came in my laptop. how to solve it? is it issue of chrome browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-detected-windows-notification-came-in-my/8b33a646-c528-4308-aebc-5b0ab8c36f44
  5. Virus detected" windows notification came in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus detected" windows notification came in my laptop: Virus detected" windows notification came in my laptop. how to solve it? is it issue of chrome browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-detected-windows-notification-came-in-my/8b33a646-c528-4308-aebc-5b0ab8c36f44
  6. Virus detected" windows notification came in my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification

Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification: I accidentally clicked on the notification and now i think i might have a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-virus-detected-notification/b03d828b-d41a-40d4-bef6-163816a590d6
  8. virus detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus detection: i was downloading a file from crome suddenly there was a pop up and something small sized downloaded near to 5-6 mb i didnt get time to react it was passed by crome virus detection test but when it landed on pc i got virus alerts by win defender then suddenly it started...
  9. virus detection

virus detection: i was downloading a file from crome suddenly there was a pop up and something small sized downloaded near to 5-6 mb i didnt get time to react it was passed by crome virus detection test but when it landed on pc i got virus alerts by win defender then suddenly it started...
  10. "Virus detected" windows notification

"Virus detected" windows notification: I have received a notification, apparently through Windows, that my computer has viruses. See the image below. I immediately ran scans with Adaware and Malwarebytes. Adaware came up with nothing. Malwarebytes found 6 items and quarantined them. I shut down the PC and started...