Windows 10: Is the OneDrive folder on Windows 10 PC actual or virtual?

Discus and support Is the OneDrive folder on Windows 10 PC actual or virtual? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So when you look in File Explorer and navigate to "c:\users\[myuser]\OneDrive", is that an actual folder on the PC or is it some sort of mapping that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkTiede, Feb 23, 2021.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Is the OneDrive folder on Windows 10 PC actual or virtual?

So when you look in File Explorer and navigate to "c:\users\[myuser]\OneDrive", is that an actual folder on the PC or is it some sort of mapping that is just referring to the OneDrive in the cloud?

:)

MarkTiede, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Is the OneDrive folder on Windows 10 PC actual or virtual? - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder actual

2. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  3. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  4. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removal of OneDrive folder from PC

Removal of OneDrive folder from PC: Since I no longer needed OneDrive on one of my Windows PCs I "uninstalled" OneDrive. I would now like to delete the OneDrive user folder from the C: drive on that PC - it's contents appear to be corrupted so it is impossible to just delete the folder. Is there any way to...
  6. 'This PC' folders point to onedrive

'This PC' folders point to onedrive: Hello, I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 on a new PC. I did not understand the Onedrive facility, but now see it is of limited use as my internet is very slow indeed and u[ploading takes forever = my internet gets killed. I have now switched it off. However, it...
  7. virtual folders in windows 10?

virtual folders in windows 10?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ link files from various other folders directories. Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I...
  8. Virtual PC on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual PC on Windows 10?: Is there a program available for Windows 10 machines like Microsoft's Virtual PC that I downloaded to my older Windows 7 Professional computer, so that I could run a program that would not run on any operating system newer than Windows XP? I have done a couple of searches...
  9. Hola actualize mi pc a windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hola actualize mi pc a windows 10: despues de actualizar mi pc tengo un problema no puedo encontrar archivos importantes no se si los borro con la actualizacion ayuda https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hola-actualize-mi-pc-a-windows-10/7f1c24c6-1780-40bc-a6b5-c169bd4fe135
  10. Is the "This PC" virtual folder a subset of OS (C:)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the "This PC" virtual folder a subset of OS (C:)?: When I make changes in the This PC/Documents folder, the changes don't show up in This PC/OS(C*Smileuser/username/documents. I'm confused. I thought files in C: were real, and that This PC was just a convenient organizational scheme. I must have messed up the directory...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create virtual folder windows 10