Windows 10: Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

Discus and support Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Do these two accounts function the same or are they different?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hotaru FromAnotherWorld, May 26, 2023.

1. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

Do these two accounts function the same or are they different?

:)

Hotaru FromAnotherWorld, May 26, 2023
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 26, 2023
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 26, 2023
  4. Keith Win User

Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

Make Win10 account local without the password

If you are using a Microsoft account and forgot the password, but still remember the PIN, you need to reset your password online from Microsoft website.

Step 1: sign in to Windows 10 with the PIN.

Step 2: Open the browser, go to Reset your password, and follow the screen to reset your Microsoft account password.

Once you change your password, you can remove the connection to a Microsoft account any time. Here's how:

Open Settings > Accounts and click Your info.
    After confirming that the account is set up to use a Microsoft account, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    Enter the password for your Microsoft account to confirm that you're authorized to make the change, and then click Next.
    On the Switch To A Local Account page, enter your new local user name and password, along with a password hint.
    Click Next to sign out from the Microsoft account and sign back in using your new local account.
    This change doesn't affect any files or installed Windows desktop programs.

Keith, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

1. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local... - Similar Threads - password Microsoft account

2. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...: Do these two accounts function the same or are they different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-password-for-your-microsoft-account-on-the/b45df321-c983-40b9-aa28-676b254eeb32
  3. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...: Do these two accounts function the same or are they different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-password-for-your-microsoft-account-on-the/b45df321-c983-40b9-aa28-676b254eeb32
  4. Your password was changed on a different device.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your password was changed on a different device.: Hello,One of our active directory user was notified as "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with PIN." on his computer's lock screen. I have checked the DC logs, but there was...
  5. Your password was changed on a different device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your password was changed on a different device.: Hello,One of our active directory user was notified as "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with PIN." on his computer's lock screen. I have checked the DC logs, but there was...
  6. Your password was changed on a different device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin?: As per title. I would like to use a password on my screenlock but all I can do is use my Microsoft login or a PIN number Any help? submitted by /u/Logiman43 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3isyh/how_to_setup_a_login_password_thats_different/
  8. Your Microsoft Account wasn’t changed to a Local Account

in Windows 10 News
    Your Microsoft Account wasn’t changed to a Local Account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive error code 0x80070057, 0x80004005, 0x80070002, 0x80070003 when switching from Microsoft Account to Local Account in Windows 10, then this post will help you. In Windows 10, Microsoft gives the option of signing into your device with a [...]...
  9. Your password was changed on a different device

in Windows 10 News
    Your password was changed on a different device: [ATTACH] Microsoft recommends users to set up a separate password for their device unless they are logging in using their Microsoft account. However, the leave the choice upon users whether they wish to set the password or not. In the later [...] This post Your password was...
  10. forgot what the password is for your local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forgot what the password is for your local account: What if you are using your Microsoft account Shawn, and you forgot what the password is for your local account??? Long time ago when I was just using my local account, I never had a password setup for it. Now if I try to log in to my local account, it wants me to enter a...