Windows 10: Is the PIN number unique to each computer or is it linked to your Microsoft password?

Discus and support Is the PIN number unique to each computer or is it linked to your Microsoft password? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two desktops, a laptop and a tablet. I use the same PIN on all four. Is the pin unique to each computer or is it tied to my Microsoft password?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TedMcCarty, May 29, 2023.

1. Is the PIN number unique to each computer or is it linked to your Microsoft password?

I have two desktops, a laptop and a tablet. I use the same PIN on all four. Is the pin unique to each computer or is it tied to my Microsoft password? I do not see a place to set a pin when I am logged on to my account so if I want to change the pin must I change it on each device?

:)

TedMcCarty, May 29, 2023
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 29, 2023
  3. ROCKIEBOW Win User
    SYNCING EMAILS AND FINDING LOST PIN NUMBER

I cant get my emails to sync because ive lost my 2 step pin number and my windows password doesn't seem to work,but my Microsoft passwords work ok .Any suggestions ?

ROCKIEBOW, May 29, 2023
  4. Is the PIN number unique to each computer or is it linked to your Microsoft password?

how to reset pin number

Hi,

Step 1: In the Lock screen, click on the I forgot my PIN link.

Step 2: Enter your Microsoft account password and click Next.

Step 3: If you have two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account, you have to enter the recovery email address or phone number to verify your ownership.

Step 4: Enter the security code you’ve received from Microsoft, and click Next.

Step 5: Click on Continue to confirm. A popup will appear and you’re prompted to set up a PIN. Enter at least a minimum 4 digit new PIN number you want for your Microsoft account

After resetting PIN successfully, you can now sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account using the new PIN. However, the "I forgot my PIN" option is only available at the sign-in screen when using a Microsoft account. If you are using a local account,
    follow steps in Option 2.

If you are using a local account and forgot your PIN code, log in with your password and follow these steps below to reset your PIN.

Step 1: On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options and sign in with your password.

Step 2: Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options, and click on I forgot my PIN.

Step 3: Type your account password and click OK.

Step 4: Enter your new PIN in the fields and click OK. Then a new PIN is created.

Good luck

EdwardMyers2020, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Is the PIN number unique to each computer or is it linked to your Microsoft password?

1. Is the PIN number unique to each computer or is it linked to your Microsoft password? - Similar Threads - PIN number unique

2. Is the PIN number unique to each computer or is it linked to your Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the PIN number unique to each computer or is it linked to your Microsoft password?: I have two desktops, a laptop and a tablet. I use the same PIN on all four. Is the pin unique to each computer or is it tied to my Microsoft password? I do not see a place to set a pin when I am logged on to my account so if I want to change the pin must I change it on each...
  3. Logging into computer and the password function was suddenly switched to a pin number...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into computer and the password function was suddenly switched to a pin number...: Recently, my laptop login function was changed from having a regular password to needing the six-digit pin to log in. This is fine since I know my pin, but I would prefer to have my password used instead. I tried to go to my "other sign-in options" settings and it says that...
  4. Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash: Hello, today I flashed my msi x470 motherboard bios to a new update and afterwards It said that something happened my pin and I would need to sign in with my actual password. I really only use 2 passwords for must things but neither of them seemed to work. My computer has 1...
  5. Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash: Hello, today I flashed my msi x470 motherboard bios to a new update and afterwards It said that something happened my pin and I would need to sign in with my actual password. I really only use 2 passwords for must things but neither of them seemed to work. My computer has 1...
  6. Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Passwords and pin number reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Passwords and pin number reset: I have a family member who forgot her pin # and password for her login. How do I reset them so she can get her information from the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwords-and-pin-number-reset/4d04d6fa-2ecf-4d27-8018-451c2711c412
  8. turn off windows pin and have unique password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    turn off windows pin and have unique password: is there a way to turn off the pin for windows and set a dedicated password for your computer. All i have seen is use outlook password or a pin. I prefer to use one that is unique to the computer submitted by /u/chopsui101 [link] [comments]...
  9. passwords and pin numbers

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    passwords and pin numbers: I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe 120462
  10. passwords and pin numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    passwords and pin numbers: I'm an octogenarian and I have somehow managed to set a password and pin. I woulike to remove this bit of fiddling, which also upsets my wife, so ant assistance would be greatly appreciatedf. joe 120462