Windows 10: Is the RAM soldered for these Toshiba?

Discus and support Is the RAM soldered for these Toshiba? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Toshiba lite S55-C5138 (another question for this model is, is this 4k or just supports 4k external monitors) And this one: Robot Check And this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by satel, Jun 16, 2020.

1. satel Win User

Is the RAM soldered for these Toshiba?

satel, Jun 16, 2020
  2. LMiller7 Win User

Soldered Rams in laptops trend , are they any good ?

The trend toward soldered in RAM is easy to explain. It reduces manufacturing costs.

Laptops are a competitive business. Manufacturers must reduce costs where they can or they don't last. Many haven't. For many buyers their priorities are, price, price, and price, not necessarily in that order. It is an old saying. Maybe too old for some.

The restrictions to expandability is no problem to most buyers. A laptop is an appliance. You buy it, you use it until it no longer meets your needs, then you replace it. Simple as that.

Soldered in RAM is hardly new. The original Apple MAC introduced in 1984 had soldered in RAM with no provision for upgrades. I am sure it wasn't the first.

LMiller7, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Soldered Rams in laptops trend , are they any good ?

So lately I am coming across a lot of new laptops of the Intel's 8th or 9th generation that comes with a soldered single stick ram that is either 8 or 16 GBs , they usually come with an additional slot for expand-ability .

Now what's with this trend really ? hadn't it been for a while now that rams are being sold in combo packs so to enable dual channel bus on installation mind you most laptops came pre-bundled by these ?

So are these new soldered rams capable of integrating in dual channel mode with any other rams or the manufacturers are just going cheap without thinking ? and why is it even a trend to solder an 8 GB on a 32 GB capable board which would render maximum capacity on upgrade 24 GBs just ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Is the RAM soldered for these Toshiba? - Similar Threads - RAM soldered Toshiba

2. How to know if my ram is soldered or not in laptop celeron N4100

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know if my ram is soldered or not in laptop celeron N4100: I want to upgrade my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-my-ram-is-soldered-or-not-in-laptop/b80eb1c1-8a26-4fc9-80e8-e0455d04593e
  3. How to know if my ram is soldered or not in laptop celeron N4100

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to know if my ram is soldered or not in laptop celeron N4100: I want to upgrade my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-my-ram-is-soldered-or-not-in-laptop/b80eb1c1-8a26-4fc9-80e8-e0455d04593e
  4. How to know if my ram is soldered or not in laptop celeron N4100

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What is Microsoft's recommended Solution to low 2gb soldered ram on Windows 10 PC that has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Microsoft's recommended Solution to low 2gb soldered ram on Windows 10 PC that has...: Hi! I have a low specced hardwware in the ilife Zed Air Pro!What is Microsoft's recommended Solution to low 2gb soldered ram on Windows 10 PC that has neither ReadyBoost nor Virtual Memory as USB support?Please apprise, as just using this hardware slows it to a crawl and free...
  6. Laptop with soldered 4GB 2666MHz RAM. Added 8GB 3200MHz RAM, boots with 8GB but won't boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with soldered 4GB 2666MHz RAM. Added 8GB 3200MHz RAM, boots with 8GB but won't boot...: so i have a laptop with soldered 4 gb 2666 mhz ram and i have bought a ram of 3200 mhz 8gb when i insert the ram and start the laptop it boots and it do shpws the 8 gb ram installed with its 2666mhz but when i shut the laptop and then reopen it, i doesnot bootup what can be...
  7. Laptop with soldered 4GB 2666MHz RAM. Added 8GB 3200MHz RAM, boots with 8GB but won't boot...

Laptop with soldered 4GB 2666MHz RAM. Added 8GB 3200MHz RAM, boots with 8GB but won't boot...: so i have a laptop with soldered 4 gb 2666 mhz ram and i have bought a ram of 3200 mhz 8gb when i insert the ram and start the laptop it boots and it do shpws the 8 gb ram installed with its 2666mhz but when i shut the laptop and then reopen it, i doesnot bootup what can be...
  8. 2022 ECOHERO Windows 11 Laptop is stuck on 2.8gb ram. 6 gigs of LPDDR4 soldered ram it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2022 ECOHERO Windows 11 Laptop is stuck on 2.8gb ram. 6 gigs of LPDDR4 soldered ram it...: so I got ECOHERO windows 11 laptop for school and noticed programs closing and crashing due to memory so I checked the task manager, I have 2.8gigs usable and 3.2 hardware reserved and the rest is cached all ram slots are showing used. I've originally tried changing the...
  9. 2022 ECOHERO Windows 11 Laptop is stuck on 2.8gb ram. 6 gigs of LPDDR4 soldered ram it...

2022 ECOHERO Windows 11 Laptop is stuck on 2.8gb ram. 6 gigs of LPDDR4 soldered ram it...: so I got ECOHERO windows 11 laptop for school and noticed programs closing and crashing due to memory so I checked the task manager, I have 2.8gigs usable and 3.2 hardware reserved and the rest is cached all ram slots are showing used. I've originally tried changing the...
  10. Soldered Rams in laptops trend , are they any good ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soldered Rams in laptops trend , are they any good ?: So lately I am coming across a lot of new laptops of the Intel's 8th or 9th generation that comes with a soldered single stick ram that is either 8 or 16 GBs , they usually come with an additional slot for expand-ability . Now what's with this trend really ? hadn't it been...