Windows 10: Is the registry key "RunServicesOnce" still available on Windows 10?

Discus and support Is the registry key "RunServicesOnce" still available on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear All, I need to run a script once before users can login. I want to avoid creating a self-deleting task, so i thought using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OliverR.2, Mar 20, 2019.

1. OliverR.2 Win User

Is the registry key "RunServicesOnce" still available on Windows 10?

Dear All,

I need to run a script once before users can login. I want to avoid creating a self-deleting task, so i thought using the "HLKM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce" Key might fit my needs. Unfortunately registry values created under this key do not get executed and I was wondering, if they work at all on Windows 10 or if this functionality has been removed?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

:)

OliverR.2, Mar 20, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Windows Registry Key

Does anyone know which registry key(s) report(s) to software which OS you are running?

Thermopylae_480, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Is the registry key "RunServicesOnce" still available on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - registry key RunServicesOnce

2. In the official version of Windows 11, why the key in the registry is still Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the official version of Windows 11, why the key in the registry is still Windows 10: The registry path is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductNameI tried many computers both desktops and laptops. Does anyone know if it is a Microsoft bug? Does Microsoft aware from this? Can I tell the Windows 11 system from any other...
  3. In the official version of Windows 11, why the key in the registry is still Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the official version of Windows 11, why the key in the registry is still Windows 10: The registry path is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductNameI tried many computers both desktops and laptops. Does anyone know if it is a Microsoft bug? Does Microsoft aware from this? Can I tell the Windows 11 system from any other...
  4. registry editor key still showing after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    registry editor key still showing after reboot: When I deleted the don't load key in registry editor I restarted my PC after that I went to registry editor again and that don't load key still showed....
  5. registry editor key still showing after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    registry editor key still showing after reboot: When I deleted the don't load key in registry editor I restarted my PC after that I went to registry editor again and that don't load key still showed....
  6. Windows 10 2004 still not available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 still not available: I have a ZBOOK 15 G4, running a clean-installed Win10 1909. In addition, it is upgraded with a Samsung 970 PRO SSD. The May update is still not avaiblible to me. What could be blocking this? Still the SSD issue or the audio drivers, as listed here? Should I wait still or...
  7. Is registry key EnableMinimumEncryptionKeySize still applicable for Windows 10 Pro 18362.387?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is registry key EnableMinimumEncryptionKeySize still applicable for Windows 10 Pro 18362.387?: Is registry key EnableMinimumEncryptionKeySize still applicable for Windows 10 Pro 18362.387? I added the key after seeing a vendor advisory with a link to a Microsoft article about adding the key to enable the protection against the Bluetooth issue. If still applicable,...
  8. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  9. Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Previous Technet subscribers - Keys still available: Hi there For those who were previous TechNet subscribers -- you CAN still get your keys even if you can't download the products any more. This is good for people who for example want to get a W10 licence -- you can enter a VALID W7 / W8 / W8.1 key for example for W10...
  10. Are Registry Cleaners Still Needed on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Are Registry Cleaners Still Needed on Windows 10?: Registry cleaners and system optimization tools have been around for a while, and millions of users turned to them to boost the performance of their Windows computers. But with the arrival of Windows 10, fewer users are actually interested in such apps, as it seems that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runservicesonce key windows 10

2. runservicesonce

3. windows 10 runservicesonce

4. windows registry runservicesonce