Windows 10: Is the side of anyone else's Start Menu cut off after the May 2020 Update? Does anyone know...

Discus and support Is the side of anyone else's Start Menu cut off after the May 2020 Update? Does anyone know... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KamikazePlatypus [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KamikazePlatypus, May 29, 2020.

1. Is the side of anyone else's Start Menu cut off after the May 2020 Update? Does anyone know...

/u/KamikazePlatypus, May 29, 2020

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, May 29, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Start menu not working

Hello Barry,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and if you are using Microsoft account suggest you to sign out and sign in again and check if resolves the issue.

I suggest you to perform Start menu troubleshooter
    from the below article and check if it help in addressing your issue.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Darshan J, May 29, 2020
  4. Is the side of anyone else's Start Menu cut off after the May 2020 Update? Does anyone know...

Start Menu stopped working, Right Click short cuts on File Manager stopped ...

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve your issue.

• What happens when you click on the Start Button?
    • Are you not able to see the contents of the Start menu?

For now I would suggest you to try the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know the status of the issue. we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Is the side of anyone else's Start Menu cut off after the May 2020 Update? Does anyone know...

1. Is the side of anyone else's Start Menu cut off after the May 2020 Update? Does anyone know... - Similar Threads - side anyone else's

2. Does anyone know the name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know the name?: When I click on a window, the previous one becomes less visible and there is a built in setting in the settings app that I turned on. What is the name of it and how do I turn this setting off?...
  3. Does anyone else know what this startup app does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else know what this startup app does?: Just Checked my startup apps to try and turn off a few so i could boost my pc. and then i saw an app called "alexander".should i be worried?...
  4. Does anyone else know what this startup app does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else know what this startup app does?: Just Checked my startup apps to try and turn off a few so i could boost my pc. and then i saw an app called "alexander".should i be worried?...
  5. Does anyone else know what this startup app does?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pulagatha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnsn6a/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_search_menu/
  7. Does anyone know what is this?

Does anyone know what is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/copZ97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l62i5z/does_anyone_know_what_is_this/
  8. Does anyone know?

Does anyone know?: submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivelnk/does_anyone_know/
  9. Is anyone else not seeing the Windows 10 May 2020 update?

Is anyone else not seeing the Windows 10 May 2020 update?: So this morning, I was reading a news article about how a new Windows 10 feature update was out, and I went onto my PC to get it, however my Windows Update & Security settings said I was up to date. I thought that since it had just dropped, maybe it hadn't gotten to my PC...
  10. Does anyone know what this is?

Does anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] Weird multiplying tabs that I can only see in task manager keep randomly showing up and they all have this logo on it. I've tried resetting my computer and looking for it in the control pannel but I cannot find anything. I close them only for 10 more to appear...