Windows 10: Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the...

Discus and support Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm sorry if this question seems unnecessary. I built my first PC, installed Win10 from an installer a friend got from Microsoft Developer Network, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chrispy_Reddit, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the...

I'm sorry if this question seems unnecessary. I built my first PC, installed Win10 from an installer a friend got from Microsoft Developer Network, I successfully activated it with my key from my Win10 laptop, and it is full of bloatware. I ran "Fresh Start" and it's all still there.

Following the link in the sidebar "Clean Windows 10 Installation" the page makes no mention of being a different edition or free of pre-loaded programs/apps. I really don't want to lose another 2+ days reinstalling Windows, installing drivers/programs, setting up hard drive RAID, etc.

Does "Clean" mean clean of bloatware or is it just a link to download a new install of Win10?

submitted by /u/Chrispy_Reddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chrispy_Reddit, Dec 19, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Dec 19, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the...

1. Is the sidebar link to "Clean Windows 10 Installation" a pure install free of the... - Similar Threads - sidebar link Clean

2. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean Windows Installation to free space: Hellow thereI have a PC wit WIN10 Installed on a 100 GB SSD. Now it has not enough space to download the new Updateds. on closer Inspection i saw that the Folder "Installer\Dateien" is about 70GB and Using most of the SSD Space. How can i clean this installation to free some...
  3. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows Installation to free space: Hellow thereI have a PC wit WIN10 Installed on a 100 GB SSD. Now it has not enough space to download the new Updateds. on closer Inspection i saw that the Folder "Installer\Dateien" is about 70GB and Using most of the SSD Space. How can i clean this installation to free some...
  4. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. free vversion reinstall as clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free vversion reinstall as clean install: I down loaded my free upgrade of win 10 Now i cannot load my office 16 iIam told i need a clean install of win 10 how do i reinstall the free win 19...
  6. Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Install of a free upgrade of win 10: Hi, I'd like to do a clean install of my win10. But it's a free upgrade version. I can't find a step by step guide to do it. Only guides for fresh installs of a regular win10 version. I'm afraid to do something wrong and lose the right to use this licence. Thank you...
  7. is a clean installation when necessary free of charge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is a clean installation when necessary free of charge?: If you have a windows 10 product key does that entitle you to support when there is a technical problem and you need a clean installation and is that free of charge? What if the first installation was an upgrade from windows 7 and you only have the windows 7 product key...
  8. Need Help with clean Win10 installation, optimization & pure settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help with clean Win10 installation, optimization & pure settings: Ok i come across alot of problems lately Every time i do clean installation its degraded somewhat. The idea is to make my laptop run as good as it gets with those capabilities it have etc. My problem is that since yesterday i didnt know that OS remembers settings in...
  9. Will Free Windows 10 "Upgrade" work with Clean Install (CMPXCHG16b)?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Free Windows 10 "Upgrade" work with Clean Install (CMPXCHG16b)?: I have a 2006-era Compaq PC with an AMD 64 X2 4400+ CPU (Socket 939), and it runs Windows 7 Home Premium x64 perfectly. It can even run Windows 8 x64. However, it cannot do the in-place Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit upgrades, due to this confounded...
  10. The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs

in Windows 10 News
    The Free Windows 10 Will Support Unlimited Clean Installs: Windows 10 will be offered free of charge to those who upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, but since a genuine product key is automatically upgraded to Windows 10 once you complete the transition, many wondered whether a clean install is possible or not. Microsoft has...