Windows 10: Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?

Discus and support Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When trying to record music using the Camera app on Windows 10, using either the built-in microphone or a USB microphone, the sound of a long note is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LordSorbs, Jan 26, 2021.

1. LordSorbs Win User

Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?

When trying to record music using the Camera app on Windows 10, using either the built-in microphone or a USB microphone, the sound of a long note is truncated. It is as if the app is codified for speech. Is there any way to allow me to record the sound the microphone hears?

:)

LordSorbs, Jan 26, 2021

2. Windows Camera app not recording sound

I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup yesterday to have a Skype conversation with audio capture. I have tried replaying the video recorded in the Camera app in VLC, but there is no sound there either, so the problem is definitely with recording rather than playback. Why doesn't the Camera app record sound?

ricecrispies, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?

Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Thank you for your reply.

Since the previous troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the issue, we suggest performing a
    System Restore to get your computer back to its previous state.

Note: System Restore will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed but won't affect your personal files.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Hi. Unfortunatelly System Restore only had one restore date and it did not solve the problem. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech?

1. Is the sound on video on the Camera app in Windows 10 codified for speech? - Similar Threads - sound video Camera

2. when playing a video I get no sound it says NO SPEECH

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when playing a video I get no sound it says NO SPEECH: when playing a video I get no sound only NO SPEECH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-a-video-i-get-no-sound-it-says-no/9fa41720-c57a-4782-b619-6485441079b3
  3. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I'm trying to record myself on the Windows Camera App for a school project, but no sound is coming out when I play it back. I've tried troubleshooting, adjusting the microphone settings, and checking if the app has microphone access, but nothing is working. HELP! submitted...
  4. Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera App - video sound no longer working: Starting yesterday afternoon, the sound while recording a video on the Windows 10 Camera App stopped working. Was working in the morning, then it stopped. I didn't change any settings that I can recall. I've installed another camera app and the sound on the video recording...
  5. No sound on video using camera app on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound on video using camera app on laptop: Hi! I've done a video on my laptop using the camera app. Unfortunately after playing back the video there is no sound. Could you please assist. Thanks...
  6. camera app not working for video

camera app not working for video: The camera app freezes when I try to record video. It is fine for still images. It was working fine one day, then the next stopped working. When you try to record, the timer sometimes starts but the image freezes. Then when you click stop, nothing is saved. I've tried...
  7. camera and sound not working with video chats

camera and sound not working with video chats: when I join a meeting on zoom they can not hear me and the only they can hear me is if I hold down the space key the whole time but they still can not see me. I have tried all I know...
  8. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup...
  9. Windows 10 Camera app can't get video.

Windows 10 Camera app can't get video.: I can take photos fine, but when I take a video, the screen turns black for a second and stops the video. It does show the video in the Photos app, but tells me, "We can't open this file, it looks like it was renamed or moved." I didn't do anything to it....
  10. sound and speech

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound and speech: why want my speech and sound work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-and-speech/6cd7e4d7-3122-41f4-8eb6-a2da6b8ceab5