Windows 10: Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

Discus and support Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the Spotify app installed on a fresh install of windows 10. Does everyone have the Spotify app? submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/unofficialmoderator, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

I have the Spotify app installed on a fresh install of windows 10. Does everyone have the Spotify app?

submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/unofficialmoderator, Mar 13, 2021

2. How to make Spotify as my default music player for windows 10 on PC and Spotify App on Surface!

yes and ....!!

Even if we install Spotify as an app, that doesn't appear in the list to make that a default app for windows 10.

Thank you much for contributing to this thread.

Ahsan.Khurshid, Mar 13, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10? :(

puma99dk|, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

How to make Spotify as my default music player for windows 10 on PC and Spotify App on Surface!

as Microsoft is moving on to Spotify and poor Groove is rolling eyes!

So, I thought to install Spotify and move my music library to Spotify; did that successfully and then thought to make Spotify my default player as Microsoft suggested this and there must be a way to make this my default music player on Windows 10 on PC and
    Surface with Windows 10.

I have unsuccessfully tried by going into Control Panel --> Default Programs --> Set Your Default Program --> Music Player

I get 3 options:

1. Groove Music

2. Windows Player

3. Look for an app in the Store.

I can change my default to Windows Player or Media Monkey, however Cortana still opens up Groove (strange) - so I have tried 3rd option 'Look for an app in the Store', which doesn't work either as Store behave the same way as it does normally, launch
    the app if you have already installed (as I did in my case, had installed Spotify app.), there is no additional option where I came from to make a new program as my default.

I think I am looking for following, whenever windows team can fix:

1. Let Spotify (Knowing the fact Spotify is not Microsoft product) be a real default program.

2. If Spotify becomes default program, we must be able to associate local mp3 files to mp3 player which is Spotify (yes Spotify's team work). Like I have Media Monkey Install and I can associate my local machine mp3 to Media Monkey.

3. Please make windows default program functionality reasonable, noticed funny around this area - I can provide details if needed.

Please let me know, if someone got any hint to resolve this matter.

Thanks,

-Ahsan

Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10? e535838e-ccc7-428b-a6d9-dd450694e9a0?upload=true.png

Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10? 88db59ef-c1b3-40d2-a251-99b3f0b26606?upload=true.png

Ahsan.Khurshid, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10?

1. Is the Spotify app installed by default on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Spotify app installed

2. Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Spotify app is automatically getting installed on Windows 10 & Windows 11: According to many users on social media platforms and individual reports received by us, Spotify – the popular streaming app – was automatically installed on Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers without warning. We don’t know if this was an intentional decision by Microsoft or...
  3. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10: Hi, When I powered up my laptop this morning, I noticed the Spotify app popped up on my screen. Upon checking Program files I noticed it was download as an app from the MS Store. I never used the Spotify app on this laptop and don't have an account. I am signed in as a Local...
  4. Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify downloaded automatically as app on Windows 10: Hi, When I powered up my laptop this morning, I noticed the Spotify app popped up on my screen. Upon checking Program files I noticed it was download as an app from the MS Store. I never used the Spotify app on this laptop and don't have an account. I am signed in as a Local...
  5. Spotify - "no eligible devices for app install"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify - "no eligible devices for app install": I just got a brand new Lenovo Think Pad.When I try to download the Spotify app in the Microsoft Store, I get "Retry There has been an error". I've rebooted several times. When I try through the Google Play Store, I get "No eligible device for install"Why can't I download the...
  6. Spotify - "no eligible devices for app install"

Spotify - "no eligible devices for app install": I just got a brand new Lenovo Think Pad.When I try to download the Spotify app in the Microsoft Store, I get "Retry There has been an error". I've rebooted several times. When I try through the Google Play Store, I get "No eligible device for install"Why can't I download the...
  7. Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :

Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :: I downloaded Spotify to listen to some music on my Windows 10 laptop. After you download an app, you must go into the 'Library' of things you've downloaded/owned and click an install button you do this on the Microsoft store app. It's telling me I own Spotify, but it isn't in...
  8. Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :

Spotify/Apps installation issues! Help please :: I downloaded Spotify to listen to some music on my Windows 10 laptop. After you download an app, you must go into the 'Library' of things you've downloaded/owned and click an install button you do this on the Microsoft store app. It's telling me I own Spotify, but it isn't in...
  9. Spotify as default music app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotify as default music app: Hi, i was wondering why I can't seem to be able to add spotify as my default music app? I'm in the latest version of Windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-as-default-music-app/413124c1-46e1-4c0c-aac7-80db35e908de
  10. Spotify app

Spotify app: Can't install Spotify app from Microsoft Store. Keep getting error code 0x80073D05. Any help would be grateful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-app/4fdf1158-ccf9-40fd-9c51-ffa038d9b365"