Windows 10: Is the SSD defrag.exe bug solved yet?

Discus and support Is the SSD defrag.exe bug solved yet? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About a month ago the news appeared that with 2004 feature update Windows 10 got gimped to the point when it defragments SSDs instead of just trimming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whatPSU, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Is the SSD defrag.exe bug solved yet?

About a month ago the news appeared that with 2004 feature update Windows 10 got gimped to the point when it defragments SSDs instead of just trimming them.

I've still not seen any response from MS nor was this mentioned in patch notes. Has this been fixed silently or are people's SSDs lives shortened silently even now?

submitted by /u/whatPSU
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/whatPSU, Aug 15, 2020

2. Defragmenting SSD

Hello everyone! Should I use the Windows 10 built-in Disk Defragmentation to defragment my SSD? Some internet sources suggest that SSDs should never be defragmented.

Nikos Lagios, Aug 15, 2020
  3. dangnad2 Win User
    Problem solved. DO NOT DEFRAG an SSD

ATTENTION: I woke up in the middle of the night last night and was mulling over my default browser problem when it occurred to me that on Friday night I ran Auslogics defrag program's "optimize SSD". That could be the problem.

This morning I did a system restore back to May 1st 2019 and, voila, I have my list of browsers back and Firefox is my default browser once again. Hallelujah.

I read that one shouldn't defrag an SSD but some people think it is ok. Well, I thought, what could be the harm. It is harmful.

Attention everyone: Don't fool with an SSD.*Mad

Thanks to Edwin, CmmTech and all of you for your suggestions and help.

dangnad2, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Is the SSD defrag.exe bug solved yet?

Defragment & SSD

Hi.

I have installed a Samsung SSD 850 Evo on a Windows 10 build 10.0.14393.

In the Defragment software, I saw "trimmed" instead of "defragmented".

What is trim? Is it necessary to run defragment on SSD?

Running defragment makes any problem to SSD or not?

Thank you.

Reza_Mesgaran, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Is the SSD defrag.exe bug solved yet?

1. Is the SSD defrag.exe bug solved yet? - Similar Threads - SSD defrag exe

2. Defrag a SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defrag a SSD: I have been told by Norton it is safe to use the defrag tool that is built into Windows even on a SSD. I was very worried about it because I have damaged a SSD before by defragmenting it. I used a third party tool then though. Has Norton lied to me about this. I had paid for...
  3. Defrag a SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defrag a SSD: I have been told by Norton it is safe to use the defrag tool that is built into Windows even on a SSD. I was very worried about it because I have damaged a SSD before by defragmenting it. I used a third party tool then though. Has Norton lied to me about this. I had paid for...
  4. Defrag SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defrag SSD: I have read defragging a SSD (Solid State drive) can greatly shorten its life so i have turned off scheduled maintenance for C & D discs however it seems to turn itself back on again over time (i am not sure when) is there a way of uninstalling windows 10 defrag or a...
  5. 20H2 Defrag Bug.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    20H2 Defrag Bug.: Defrag bug is still not fixed when scheduled defrag is used and I have a hard drive.I thought MS fixed it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-defrag-bug/13d0fd18-7c04-43a6-94e4-fc1ba0038789
  6. Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?: Is the bug that was defragging SSD too often in May 2020 update gone now ? I need to clean install my system so I'm wondering if it's the time to upgrade too from 1909 to 2004. This particular bug concerns me. submitted by /u/demaniax_99 [link] [comments]...
  7. Defragment tool bugged?

Defragment tool bugged?: I just checked the Defragmentation tool randomly and saw that the "Last analyzed or optimized" row says "Never run", even though back when I upgraded to Windows 10 5 months ago I've scheduled it to run weekly. I've checked it again 2 months ago and it was working fine, and so...
  8. Defrag Bug

Defrag Bug: Does anyone have any idea how to prevent Windows from doing it? Do i just go here and disable "Scheduled optimization" on all drives? I have 2 SSDs (one M.2 NVME, one SATA) and 1 HDD. An update released yesterday, perhaps that fixed it? How often do i need to trim my SSDs and...
  9. Defragmenting SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragmenting SSD: Hello everyone! Should I use the Windows 10 built-in Disk Defragmentation to defragment my SSD? Some internet sources suggest that SSDs should never be defragmented. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmenting-ssd/a3aac7a1-64d5-4c2d-a1eb-7b62401e340d
  10. To defrag or not to defrag? (non-SSD)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    To defrag or not to defrag? (non-SSD): My secondary drive in my system is a 2TB standard hard drive. Windows 10 defrag (both UI and the command line) tells me that I do not need to defrag the disk, as it is "0% fragmented" but upon delving a little further (adding the /V switch) I notice that it doesn't include...