Windows 10: Is the threat removed?

Discus and support Is the threat removed? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks, I caught an adware last week and removed it with Windows Defender but now I don't know if it is really removed because when I go into the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xAventador, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Is the threat removed?

Hi folks, I caught an adware last week and removed it with Windows Defender but now I don't know if it is really removed because when I go into the protection history of Windows Defender I still see the program there and when I click on action at the bottom of the program I can only allow it. But what's funny is that when I click on Deleted Items in the filter above, it's not shown. So better said no matter on which filter I click it is not shown anywhere, only if there is no filter in it. And at the top it says threat removed or restored. What is wrong with the program and is it removed or not?

Is the threat removed? 0_big.png

Is the threat removed? 1_big.png

:)

xAventador, Sep 10, 2020

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

Hello PaulPChou,

This one works. You're correct I chose removed but it just doesn't remove the threats it says working and after working the threats are still listed. I ran the safety scanner, reboot, scan in safe mode, scan in clean boot but neither of those works to remove
    the listed threats.

Just as I thought all I need is to manually delete the file where it contains the threats list just like a log file.

Thanks for providing the path where it stores the list.

Best regards,

Lelouch

lelouch.lamperouge, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Windows Defender isn't removing some of the threats

Defender notified me about 2 PUA's and I took the suggested action of removing them, but after I click on remove, it doesn't go. It shows that the threats are active. I uninstalled and removed the folder and the files/software which were affected but the
    threats are still there. The threats which I am getting are PUA:Win32/Presenoker and App:Cheat_Engine_BundleInstaller. I need some suggestions on how can I remove those completely.

AshishChavan_15, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Is the threat removed?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Is the threat removed?

1. Is the threat removed? - Similar Threads - threat removed

2. Windows Defender failing to remove threats.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender failing to remove threats.: Hi! Recently an old computer of mine had its data transferred from its disk to this computer. What happens is that the old computer seems to have had some kind of riskware, malware installed or "potentially unwanted apps" as windows defender calls them. Windows Defender is...
  3. Windows Defender failing to remove threats.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender failing to remove threats.: Hi! Recently an old computer of mine had its data transferred from its disk to this computer. What happens is that the old computer seems to have had some kind of riskware, malware installed or "potentially unwanted apps" as windows defender calls them. Windows Defender is...
  4. Windows Defender failing to remove threats.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender unable to remove a threat identified as Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender unable to remove a threat identified as Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml.: “Hello, fellow Microsoft colleague. I apologize for the interruption. I’m currently facing an issue with Windows Defender. It’s unable to remove a threat identified as Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml. Despite diligently following Copilot’s guidance and conducting additional...
  6. Windows Defender unable to remove a threat identified as Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml.

Windows Defender unable to remove a threat identified as Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml.: “Hello, fellow Microsoft colleague. I apologize for the interruption. I’m currently facing an issue with Windows Defender. It’s unable to remove a threat identified as Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml. Despite diligently following Copilot’s guidance and conducting additional...
  7. Why is a same threat keep reporting and cannot be removed even though every time I choose...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is a same threat keep reporting and cannot be removed even though every time I choose...: even the time is the same, this threat just cannot be removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-a-same-threat-keep-reporting-and-cannot-be/a7b2f275-7036-435c-af76-f835f542a131
  8. Why is a same threat keep reporting and cannot be removed even though every time I choose...

Why is a same threat keep reporting and cannot be removed even though every time I choose...: even the time is the same, this threat just cannot be removed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-a-same-threat-keep-reporting-and-cannot-be/a7b2f275-7036-435c-af76-f835f542a131
  9. Unable to remove threats on windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove threats on windows defender: Hi,Please find below the images, windows defender is unable to remove these threats. I have clicking on start actions or under actions Quarantine but to no avail.Kindly advise - I am running windows 10...
  10. Unable to remove threats on windows defender

Unable to remove threats on windows defender: Hi,Please find below the images, windows defender is unable to remove these threats. I have clicking on start actions or under actions Quarantine but to no avail.Kindly advise - I am running windows 10...