Windows 10: Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution?

Discus and support Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everybody, as also an "family admin" I always struggle with the decision to let people work with a standard user account in conjunction with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Martin Fessler, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution?

Hello everybody,

as also an "family admin" I always struggle with the decision to let people work with a standard user account in conjunction with a separate admin account or let them work with admin rights and rely on the user account control.

In the case of separate accounts, they must also enter the password of the admin account instead of just agree to the UAC message, but otherwise there is basically no difference purely in terms of security - the task is performed in both cases executed with elevated rights.
    Or am I missing something like possible extended rights outside of a UAC elevation...?!

Thanks and greetings,
    Martin

:)

Martin Fessler, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution? 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution?

Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution?

1. Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution? - Similar Threads - UAC safe enough

2. Is my account still safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my account still safe?: I'm seeing a lot of sign in attempts in my account. They are from Germany, Albanya and Korea. I'm a frequent traveller and I'm really afraid that this is the main reason why I'm having this issue. I need someone who can help me to protect my account!!!...
  3. Is my account still safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my account still safe?: I'm seeing a lot of sign in attempts in my account. They are from Germany, Albanya and Korea. I'm a frequent traveller and I'm really afraid that this is the main reason why I'm having this issue. I need someone who can help me to protect my account!!!...
  4. I have turned off UAC in Administrator account, but user accounts still have UAC enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have turned off UAC in Administrator account, but user accounts still have UAC enabled: I turned off UAC in the Administrator account. I have software that will not run with it enabled. However, the users still have UAC enabled. When I try to change UAC when logged in as a user I get "need administrative authority" or something like that, to make changes to UAC....
  5. I have turned off UAC in Administrator account, but user accounts still have UAC enabled

I have turned off UAC in Administrator account, but user accounts still have UAC enabled: I turned off UAC in the Administrator account. I have software that will not run with it enabled. However, the users still have UAC enabled. When I try to change UAC when logged in as a user I get "need administrative authority" or something like that, to make changes to UAC....
  6. 0xc000007b - still no solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000007b - still no solution: Hey guys, I have a program here that has run in the past on my old laptop Win10 64bit but doesn't want to run on my new laptop also Win10 64bit. I already tried to run the program with admin rights, in XP or Windows 7 mode, nothing helped. Additionally I have installed AIO...
  7. 0xc000007b - still no solution

0xc000007b - still no solution: Hey guys, I have a program here that has run in the past on my old laptop Win10 64bit but doesn't want to run on my new laptop also Win10 64bit. I already tried to run the program with admin rights, in XP or Windows 7 mode, nothing helped. Additionally I have installed AIO...
  8. 0xc000007b - still no solution

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Is DriverPack Solutions really safe to use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is DriverPack Solutions really safe to use?: I once attended a seminar and the speaker said we should download Driverpack Solutions to our pc/laptop. Moreover, he said that it is clearly safe to install and we should not worry but when I tried to download it, Microsoft notified me that it was a threat so it took an...
  10. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?: I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account. However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check...