Windows 10: Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Discus and support Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephWitcher, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10

:)

JosephWitcher, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

1. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free? - Similar Threads - upgrade free

2. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  3. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...: I recently upgraded my processor and motherboard so I decided to do a fresh install of windows and the product key that I pulled from the old system does not activate my copy of windows....
  4. I purchased a Windows 8.1 license and was offered a free upgrade to windows 10 pro and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  6. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  7. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  9. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...: I'm buying a used HP laptop that has had all it's data including the original OS completely wiped via Blancco. The units original OS was Windows 8 Pro. I'm assuming the method to reinstall Windows is by using the Media Creation tool via USB. If I do this will the device...
  10. I'm buying an old laptop with Windows 8 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade