Windows 10: Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ?

Discus and support Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi ! To summarize, I lastly finished my site and entered in preproduction. I set my terminal phpStorm and did the local settings. I now need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MadisonAsgardrson, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ?

Hi !

To summarize, I lastly finished my site and entered in preproduction. I set my terminal phpStorm and did the local settings.
    I now need to upgrade of W10 family edition to Pro one to activate the hyper V technology in order to set all remote settings using virtual machines.

Is this upgrade a kind of reinstall system able to smash a bug in a bloat file corrupted IAStoreIcon of RapidStorageTechnology ?

Is it better to restore the sytem using reinstall Windows 10 via Cloud Reset to erase this bug before to upgrade to the Pro edition ?

Some surely know this $#!? Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ? 2e5715e3-9a07-4448-b1d8-4400706e306e?upload=true.jpg

:)

MadisonAsgardrson, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ?

reinstall after upgrade

I have a Surface Pro that originally had Windows 8.1 Pro. I have installed the free Windows 10 upgrade, but I now want to reinstall it. I want to completely wipe my hard drive and install Windows 10. I know this can be done, but I need a list of steps to
    get everything necessary to reinstall Windows 10 (including exporting settings & preferences) and how to wipe my hard drive. Are there any good places to get a good detailed list of steps to do these things? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ?

1. Is the upgrade to Pro edition a reinstall system ? - Similar Threads - upgrade Pro edition

2. Upgrade to windows Pro Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to windows Pro Edition: Hi There,We are small startup of 7 member now. Until now, we are not managing our pc from Azure AD.We are using Windows 10 and 11 laptops, but they are using Home Editions.We are using our own personal Microsoft account to login into the laptops.We want to change it and use...
  3. Upgrade to windows Pro Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to windows Pro Edition: Hi There,We are small startup of 7 member now. Until now, we are not managing our pc from Azure AD.We are using Windows 10 and 11 laptops, but they are using Home Editions.We are using our own personal Microsoft account to login into the laptops.We want to change it and use...
  4. Upgrade to windows Pro Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.: I purchased Windows 10 key from online retailer around 3 years back. I'm hoping to upgrade my system mother board, CPU & Graphics card. I am scared that I will be losing out on the genuine windows. Can I reinstall windows even when I upgrade the system?I don't seem to have...
  6. Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.: I purchased Windows 10 key from online retailer around 3 years back. I'm hoping to upgrade my system mother board, CPU & Graphics card. I am scared that I will be losing out on the genuine windows. Can I reinstall windows even when I upgrade the system?I don't seem to have...
  7. Windows reinstallation after upgrading the system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  9. win 10 to pro upgrade reinstall

win 10 to pro upgrade reinstall: Purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from MS store. HD crashed. Reformatted HD. Can't figure out how to reinstall Pro upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-to-pro-upgrade-reinstall/29a87778-4144-454c-9bb3-b86900d705af
  10. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home Edition and lost Pro after a system recovery

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home Edition and lost Pro after a system recovery: I have a laptop that I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home Edition. I recently did a restore of the system to factory settings via the Lenovo recovery app and it recovered to Windows 10 Home edition. I can't figure out how to get Windows 10 Pro back on the...