Windows 10: Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

Discus and support Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows Server and SQL Server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MDJ_ESS, May 15, 2023.

1. MDJ_ESS Win User

Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows Server and SQL Server

:)

MDJ_ESS, May 15, 2023

2. CAL License

Hi There,

Here I have a question regarding the CAL license. My organization has 100+ users and 60+ computers.

I have a licensed Windows server and I wanted to manage my organization's user accounts and computers using an active directory.

My question is do I really need a CAL license for each user?

if yes, please clarify the below questions:

1- What is the CAL license and why do we need to purchase the license since we already have a licensed window server?

2- What type of CAL license should I buy?

3- How many CAL licenses should I buy?

4- How to buy a CAL license?

5- How to install a CAL license?

Thanks. Hope you will give good clarification

DeepakPareek1, May 15, 2023
  3. TS RDS Device CAL license unbind device

Hi All,

I have issue on TS RDS cal license in Win 2008 R2 server.

Have procured few TS RDS Device CAL and configured in Win 2008 Server. Now few users are left and device is cleaned and remove few users dot not required to be access and i need to give another user access. But 10 license configured and always 4 to 5 users
    are connected not more than that. now issue is another user trying to connect it says unable to connect RDC check remote machine is ON and have access.

I need to cleanup of binded systems here which is not in use so that i can use that license to another device.

Please suggest

Regards,

Reddy

Reddyp_008, May 15, 2023
  4. abdnr Win User

Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

SQL CAL Licensing

subject:
    help with microsoft CAL licensing

scenario:

webserver:
    website asp.net web application hosted on IIS on a windows 2016 server OS

database:
    sql server standard ( server + Cal licensing )

Now 50 users in the intranet will be accessing the webserver. Do we require to purchase SQL CAL license for each devices accessing the webserver?

our application using only one connection string to the database server
    all ther users are asp.net users

do we require Cal license for every computers accessing the webserver
    does multiplexing rule apply to this scenario.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/7/3/8733d036-92b0-4cb8-8912-3b6ab966b8b2/multiplexing.pdf

abdnr, May 15, 2023
Thema:

1. Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows... - Similar Threads - user CAL device

2. Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...: Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows Server and SQL Server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-user-cal-and-device-cal-license-is/c3231726-aa7b-4846-9b10-e141f0ea3fde
  3. windows server CAL license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows server CAL license: 1.windows server 2022 standard license have how many user CAL?2.what is the use of user cal? in my domain i have 80 users and they can access network files without user CAL license?3.only folder sharing we use , really it need user CAL to access folder from server?...
  4. [Windows server 2022] Required Device CAL license for NTP access devices

[Windows server 2022] Required Device CAL license for NTP access devices: Hello Experts,We are going to introduce Windows server 2022 standard into a PC server and think to make it NTP server for underlying devices. And for Remote Desktop Access We will order User CAL 5 users x 6.Now I would like to know when We configure the Windows server as NTP...
  5. Server 2022 user cal activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2022 user cal activation: Dear community,I have acquired a 5 user cal license and I am trying to activate the license using the Remote Desktop licensing role that I installed I don’t have a subscription, I am using an home lab for testing and training.I am not planning any productive service.I managed...
  6. Server 2022 user cal activation

Server 2022 user cal activation: Dear community,I have acquired a 5 user cal license and I am trying to activate the license using the Remote Desktop licensing role that I installed I don’t have a subscription, I am using an home lab for testing and training.I am not planning any productive service.I managed...
  7. CAL License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAL License: Hi There, Here I have a question regarding the CAL license. My organization has 100+ users and 60+ computers. I have a licensed Windows server and I wanted to manage my organization's user accounts and computers using an active directory. My question is do I really need a CAL...
  8. CAL License

CAL License: Hi There, Here I have a question regarding the CAL license. My organization has 100+ users and 60+ computers. I have a licensed Windows server and I wanted to manage my organization's user accounts and computers using an active directory. My question is do I really need a CAL...
  9. One CAL per domain user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One CAL per domain user?: Hello there, I'd like to know if I need two separate User-CAL's, if I want to use one PC but with two different A/D accounts. The background is that my company wants to give every employee one account with admin rights and one account without. Additionally it would be great...
  10. User CALs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User CALs: I work on a netowrk with several terminal servers and one of those servers is reserved for GPA. We have, roughly, 170 administrators and only 75 User CALs. I am aware that the licenses are good for 60 days and then they are returned back to the repository for redistribution....