Windows 10: Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10?

Discus and support Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Referring to the issue solved by this hotfix :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Question2009th, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10?

Referring to the issue solved by this hotfix : https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2908279/mouse-pointer-stutters-or-freezes-when-you-play-certain-games-in-windo

I upgraded from a win 7 laptop to a win 10 laptop and noticed that the ingame camera would suddenly jerk to one side at random intervals. I did a lot of searching, and found people in other games that either blamed the win 8 update related to the hotfix, or the win 10 falls creator update for similar issues (mouse pointer jerking to one side, camera jerking to one side, etc).

Is the win 8 issue still present in win 10? Just trying to narrow down the issue. Its definately not a hardware or software issue on my end, unless the mouse drivers from windows update are faulty. I am using a generic mouse which does not have its own special drivers, and have tried reinstalling the drivers via device manager (which gets them from windows update), but it hasnt worked.

Not a touchpad issue, others have experienced it on their desktops. Most of the people I talked to said that the issue started happening after they upgraded to newer hardware, most commonly to a new computer with win10.

:)

Question2009th, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Jan 18, 2019
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10?

Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10?

1. Is the win 8 mouse problem still present in win 10? - Similar Threads - mouse problem still

2. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  3. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  4. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  5. Problem with mouse in Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with mouse in Win 10: I've read the reply to an earlier question here about a similar problem and have been trying to follow the steps recommended there which were to get a command prompt as administrator and then enter a series of commands, the second of which was DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  6. Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.: My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop. I recently had to reset the PC to restore Windows and I kept all personal files. The version was 2004 and build 19041.508 When the PC finished setting up I right click the desktop to change the large icons to small ones....
  7. At present Win 8.1 or Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At present Win 8.1 or Win 10: What os is better for gaming ? In win 10 my laptop crashes often dute Thread stuck in a device driver had no problems in win 8 when initially brought! my laptop initially configured was 8.1 later i updated because microsoft wanted me to now please help me what is...
  8. Problem with system starting after update to win 10 from win 8

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with system starting after update to win 10 from win 8: After upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10 i have a problem. When I turn on the laptop there is a system loading screen, then a black screen is displayed for one to two minutes and only then it turns on. I have updated drivers. And everything in task manager in autostart is...
  9. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  10. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418