Windows 10: Is the windows 10 DISM working

Discus and support Is the windows 10 DISM working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there guys Recently after a powercut i found my system acting strangely and did a SFC verifyonly to check if its programs or system. It found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dino-Army, May 30, 2020.

1. Is the windows 10 DISM working

Hey there guys Recently after a powercut i found my system acting strangely and did a SFC verifyonly to check if its programs or system. It found corruptions. So my first thing was let windows update do it thing (sometimes it does fix it i found on other systems). It did not so i looked into how to do the DISM repair and there is some news articles saying DISM is broken since May update? Is this still true or they fixed it now?

submitted by /u/Dino-Army
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dino-Army, May 30, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Jun 4, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Is the windows 10 DISM working

Windows 10 is excellent but it's easy to break.

If you want some good information, here's some good reading that will hopefully be more helpful than I have been:
    As I said with Windows 10, the Microsoft Download Tool that most download Windows 10 from, in the Sources folder has an Install.ESD instead of Install.WIM. Well unfortunately, for a successful DISM repair using Install.WIM as the check against which your OS will be repaired isn't possible with the ESD file. But you can convert the ESD to WIM using DISM as well! It takes a little bit of time but is worth it to have around when you need it!
    I have debated taking the links and instructions I've shared and add them to a dedicated thread...it is handy to be able to repair your OS instead of wiping and reinstalling as many folks had to do in previous times.

Kursah, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Is the windows 10 DISM working

1. Is the windows 10 DISM working - Similar Threads - DISM working

2. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  3. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  4. Corrupt windows computer dism command not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt windows computer dism command not working: Hello. my computer is having problems and i have no access to my desktop because my computer keeps crashing over and over. i tried entering the /dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it says dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option....
  5. Corrupt windows computer dism command not working

Corrupt windows computer dism command not working: Hello. my computer is having problems and i have no access to my desktop because my computer keeps crashing over and over. i tried entering the /dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it says dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option....
  6. Corrupt windows computer dism command not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...

SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...: DISM and SFC scans are returning this error along with other issues occuring like net not being accessed correctly by all apps and windows update service maybe being faulty.I have tried everything to resolve it but "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" gets stuck at...
  8. SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...: DISM and SFC scans are returning this error along with other issues occuring like net not being accessed correctly by all apps and windows update service maybe being faulty.I have tried everything to resolve it but "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" gets stuck at...
  9. excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...: I need help my hp cannot find the DISM logs to fix problems I'm having with windows 10 I followed the instructions and it's not available it said to find in C drive but there it's been uninstalled. My computer isn't running correctly and i need help....
  10. excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...: I need help my hp cannot find the DISM logs to fix problems I'm having with windows 10 I followed the instructions and it's not available it said to find in C drive but there it's been uninstalled. My computer isn't running correctly and i need help....