Windows 10: Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Discus and support Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The USB key created by MCT is supposed to be bootable but I've only plugged it in on a running Win10 computer and in File Explorer run the setup.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SkillZAZ, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Berton Win User

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

The USB key created by MCT is supposed to be bootable but I've only plugged it in on a running Win10 computer and in File Explorer run the setup.exe file, used it for Upgrading over a previous Version.

Berton, Jun 30, 2017
  2. Ztruker Win User

I did this twice today.

Downloaded the X64 iso, created the flash drive, updated from a running, activated, Windows 7 Home. Win 10 was activated when done.
    Ditto for a X86 Win 10 to a running, activated, Windows 8.1 system. Again, Win 10 activated when install completed.

Ztruker, Jun 30, 2017
  3. AddRAM Win User
    And by all means create an image of Windows 7 first.

AddRAM, Jun 30, 2017
  4. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Thank you all. I did create an Image with Macrium Reflect.

Caledon Ken, Jun 30, 2017
  5. One last question.

Assuming I do upgrade and activation goes successful, how long do I have to wait before I do a clean install with confidence that the MS activation servers will remember the machine? I don't want to attach license to my MS account as this is a client machine.

Thanks

Caledon Ken, Jun 30, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    As soon as the upgrade activates. If you go to the activation tab of the updates & security settings control panel you will see Windows is activated with a digital license.

NavyLCDR, Jun 30, 2017
  7. Thank you sir. Wanted to do a clean install but looks like I will do upgrade, activate and re-install.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

1. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free? - Similar Threads - Free Upgrade Still

2. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  3. Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 upgrade still available for free?: I’m wanting to purchase a refurbished Lenovo T480 with windows 10 & was wanting to know if windows 11 is still free. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-11-upgrade-still-available-for-free/3f220c09-d559-4d88-95f2-db3fddb25afe
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  5. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  6. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?: I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there...
  7. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  8. Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?: Hi all - I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 for free. Seems that the 1809 MCT doesn't work anymore for this purpose, so I wanted to find the real truth among...
  9. Free upgrades are still free February 9

Free upgrades are still free February 9: A tale of two laptops - wife's laptop, licensed on Windows 10 Home only and spare laptop, previously licensed on both Windows 10 Home and Pro. Laptops are different manufacturers and models. Wife's laptop needed repair, so moved her hard drive to spare laptop. As expected,...
  10. I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade: Brink , I've still not used the FREE Windows 10 upgrade, What are your suggestions for me , before this offer expires ? No more than I know how to keep from facing issues later . 53146