Windows 10: Is there a backup software that can restore installed files?

Discus and support Is there a backup software that can restore installed files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm looking for something similar to time machine on mac that backs everything up and restores everything to a new computer in the exact location as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ls_2012, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Is there a backup software that can restore installed files?

I'm looking for something similar to time machine on mac that backs everything up and restores everything to a new computer in the exact location as the last one.

I performed a back up on windows 10 but it really only backed up my files and I still had to manually reinstall all my software on the new system. Is there a third party backup software that does this?

submitted by /u/ls_2012
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ls_2012, Jan 21, 2021
  2. suraswami Win User

Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Pinchy Win User

Oh.

So your running the backup software from the server and not the computer.

Yep I see whats happened. Just for the future (althought I am sure you wont make the same mistake again) make sure you select and option that says "if it cant find the file, DONT delete". If it doesnt have that option...switch to SynbackSE.

An FYI: difference between incremental and differential is that differential copies all new / changed files since the last full backup......incremental copies all new / changed files since the last backup no matter what it was (incremental/full/differential).

Now to get your files back:

Tried a system restore on the server?

Pinchy, Jan 21, 2021
  4. suraswami Win User

Is there a backup software that can restore installed files?

I want a good File or HDD recovery software. Free would be ideal but cheap good ones would be fine.

I used Cobian backup to backup all my virtual servers and test files. I wanted to build raid, so I copied 2 x 160GB drives (total 80GB) to my server which has 1TB using the software. After copying the files I built raid on those 2 drives moving to another machine. Now when I go back to my server all the files are gone. Probably my mistake, didn't quiet understand the software and hit the wrong settings.

Now my question is can I get back all those files? I haven't formatted the drives on my server.

I tried couple of trial software, but they need huge amount to activate and restore those files.

Anyone know of free or under $30 please let me know.

suraswami, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Is there a backup software that can restore installed files?

1. Is there a backup software that can restore installed files? - Similar Threads - backup software restore

2. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  3. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  4. Backup Solution/ Software for restoring Windows to a previous state

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup Solution/ Software for restoring Windows to a previous state: Hello,Could anyone please recommend a software which can be used to restore Windows to a previous date/ version when it gets messed up due to bad update/ install/ malware. I do not require a backup solution for images, music, documents, etc. What I want is a software which...
  5. Can I create backup of my installed software with data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I create backup of my installed software with data?: I want to reinstall my windows 10. But I want to create a backup of some installed software with data. So, I don't need to implement this after a fresh install of windows. Don't suggest me to take backup with windows recovery img, It takes full backup with windows. I need to...
  6. Is there any free software to backup/restore OS or Files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there any free software to backup/restore OS or Files?: I have a MyCloud device which hasn’t worked seamlessly since the day that I purchased it a few years ago. So I bought a Seagate EHD and have been using their Toolkit until their hardware EHD failed. I tried using Toolkit with my WD devices and found that it’s only good with...
  7. Backup and Restore with File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and Restore with File History: I'm backing up using file history. If I indicate a folder structure such as c:\Users, do all subordinate or child folders and files contained therein get backed up. I tried a test of this and it does not seem to do the backup. Is there a switch somewhere that I'm missing?...
  8. Possible to backup software and restore?

Possible to backup software and restore?: Okay, so, it looks like I'm going to have to refresh or reset Windows 10 at this point (I'm having an issue with it but I have tried all possible solutions). Is it possible to backup the program files, and/or registry settings for those programs and then restore afterwards?...
  9. Free file backup software

Free file backup software: Hi, Can anyone suggest a good free third party software for file backup.....? I googled it, but it seems that some free tools do not work well with W10. I have Macrium and use it for Imaging/Cloning, but the free version does not offer file backup. I would like to...
  10. Backup and Restore Files

Backup and Restore Files: Hello and niceday to everyone. just joined this win10forum. I just finished upgrading from my win7 to this free win10Pro upgrade from microsoft, since yesterday everything works as normal and better than the previous win7. First thing I did after completing updates and...