Windows 10: Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?!

Discus and support Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a button to disable Microsoft from resetting my configs to how they "think" my computer should be configured? I am so flipping tired of having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AndrewVermaak, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?!

Is there a button to disable Microsoft from resetting my configs to how they "think" my computer should be configured? I am so flipping tired of having to redo my choices because Microsoft "thinks" they are better at making my choices than I am. PLEASE, leave my choices, settings, selections, favorites, EXACTLY as I have configured them!?!

:)

AndrewVermaak, Dec 7, 2021
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?! [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?!

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?!

1. Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?! - Similar Threads - button STOP Microsoft

2. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download button is preventing me from checking for updates: for a while now there has been an optional update that no matter how many times i "installed" it, it would always reappear.now however, it says that it is ready to download and showing me the download button. but when i click that button, nothing happens well, the button...
  3. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download button is preventing me from checking for updates: for a while now there has been an optional update that no matter how many times i "installed" it, it would always reappear.now however, it says that it is ready to download and showing me the download button. but when i click that button, nothing happens well, the button...
  4. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?!: Is there a button to disable Microsoft from resetting my configs to how they "think" my computer should be configured? I am so flipping tired of having to redo my choices because Microsoft "thinks" they are better at making my choices than I am. PLEASE, leave my choices,...
  6. Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a button to STOP Microsoft from thinking for me!?!: Is there a button to disable Microsoft from resetting my configs to how they "think" my computer should be configured? I am so flipping tired of having to redo my choices because Microsoft "thinks" they are better at making my choices than I am. PLEASE, leave my choices,...
  7. I think there is a malware blocking me from connecting to the internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think there is a malware blocking me from connecting to the internet.: How do i check to see which filter the malware came through? And is windows security good enough to stop those malware attacks? submitted by /u/DooDooWubWub [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igolj4/i_think_there_is_a_malware_blocking_me_from/
  8. Error Code: 0x80070005 is stopping me from downloading games from the Microsoft Store and...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code: 0x80070005 is stopping me from downloading games from the Microsoft Store and...: Recently I've had this problem where PC games that are from the Ultimate Game Pass aren't being downloaded/installed properly and stops with an error at any percentage, e.g when the game is 90% or even 100% complete. As far as I know I was able to download Microsoft Store...
  9. Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help Stop 10 From Signing Me Into My Microsoft Account: Long story short, This is not a video card issue. Virgin install of Windows 10 (1909 18363.720), Offline Account. Every time I update to the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 1060, I reboot, and when the system comes back up, Windows 10 pops up an annoying box stating that,...
  10. help .. stop magnifier from moving on me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    help .. stop magnifier from moving on me: I have had 2 microsoft support workers come onto my laptop to fix the magnifier that will NOT stop changing on me....won't stop...This problem all started when I had a update in June and think August...both times my pointer-curser disappeared... ( she )support had a real...